• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four 1 4.5 (R)
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

A have an opportunity to buy a Golden Age grail I've been chasing for some time.  If I sell this book, I'll go for it. Otherwise, I'll wait for another opportunity.

Rules: 

First take it in the thread gets it.  Offers encouraged, but a deals isn't final until you take it in the thread. 

Payment: check, MO, PayPal. 

Shipping: $20 to US. Canada $30. Insured, signature required. 

Returns: I'm going to say no returns on this one, only because if it sells I'll be looking to flip the cash onto another book quickly.  

No one on the HOS or PL please. 

FF1 CGC graded 4.5 (R) $8100 

See labels for details. Restoration was performed by Kenny Sanderson and is very professionally done.  It's presents beautifully.  

Quick History:  I bought this book raw knowing it had been poorly restored. I have some before pictures.  I was also told the cover was trimmed, though the trimming was very hard to detect. 

I sent the book to Kenny to have him see what he could do with it. He put a lot of time into getting rid of the old CT and properly restoring it.  His work is magnificent. 

This book was a big grail for me and I was very happy owning such a pretty copy with an 8/8 date.  I was fortunate to upgrade to a blue label. 

I'll post some before pictures and pictures of the interior pages. 

20230604_162434.jpg

20230604_162445.jpg

20230604_162424.jpg

On 6/6/2023 at 6:02 PM, SpideyFein said:

That is a pretty FF1. You just made someone smile widely! I wish mine had colors like that. 

Thank you!  I was really happy with it for a long time and Kenny's work on the book was a big reason why. The book was kind of a mess when I got it. CT in places, scraped off CT in others.

I spent allot of time on the phone with Kenny talking through options and in the end I decided I wanted a copy of FF1 I would really enjoy looking at. So Kenny made it beautiful while doing the least amount of restoration necessary.  

I upgraded to a blue label, but still hung into this book for awhile. But there are other books to chase and it's off to a new home 😁

On 6/6/2023 at 7:08 PM, KCOComics said:

Thank you!  I was really happy with it for a long time and Kenny's work on the book was a big reason why. The book was kind of a mess when I got it. CT in places, scraped off CT in others.

I spent allot of time on the phone with Kenny talking through options and in the end I decided I wanted a copy of FF1 I would really enjoy looking at. So Kenny made it beautiful while doing the least amount of restoration necessary.  

I upgraded to a blue label, but still hung into this book for awhile. But there are other books to chase and it's off to a new home 😁

Kenny is the man. I would’ve done the same thing! Congrats on the upgrade and sale!