• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree designation strangeness

5 posts in this topic

I find it odd the ASM 300 Don Rosa on eBay right now has the "Don Rosa Collection" pedigree notation while Doug's Copper Winnipegs (like all the Uncanny books on his site right now) do not. I had thought there a hard and fast rule for what year books would get the label notation, but I guess not eh?

The Don Rosa books are not considered a pedigree as much as a collection...don't know what the scoop is with the Winnipegs....great place to buy comics from though 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think we covere the whole "Don Rosa, pedigree or collection?" in a thread before and it was determined it was a true pedigree. (And that there was much more of it to come from well before the bronze age) It easy to get confused considering it has collection in the title, but is listed on the slab in the pedigree location.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=comicgen&Number=933083

The Don Rosa books are not considered a pedigree as much as a collection...don't know what the scoop is with the Winnipegs....great place to buy comics from though 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Winnipegs are great books! Ive got a ToS 90 and am looking at some Nick Fury's as well

I find it odd the ASM 300 Don Rosa on eBay right now has the "Don Rosa Collection" pedigree notation while Doug's Copper Winnipegs (like all the Uncanny books on his site right now) do not.

Yeah that's screwed up, as neither does the Pacific Coast ASM 300, and wasn't there a bit of hoopla about that where CGC stated it "would not give a book Pedigree status until it was at least 30 years old"?

If the Don Rosa Collection is a Pedigree, and CGC has stated it is, then it needs to adhere to the same rules.