• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2023 at 9:54 AM, wombat said:

Really hoping CGC doesn't nuke this thread. It would be a disservice to its users. 

I don't think they will. I'm sure Mike is on top of it to make sure personal info doesn't get posted, etc - and he's probably likely to delete any offending posts rather than locking it or deleting it.

In reading the CGC board terms, there's a lot spelled out for acceptable behavior, but I don't think things here have escalated to the point of libel, harassment or intimidation - and I doubt they will. Everyone here who has stake in the topic is being pretty even-keel, and those who aren't are being careful to make sure the thread doesn't go away. I mean, this isn't a run-of-the-mill Friday thread - there's people here with thousands of dollars at stake, and it seems like boardies understand the severity of that.

Edited by Dr. Balls

• Administrator
On 6/23/2023 at 5:54 AM, DougC said:

It was a PM like Kamenliter got. I had a good laugh reading the courtesy.

If anyone wants the PM removed, let me know.  Hero Restoration has been informed that he is not allowed to use this forum to threaten members with law suits or any other kinds of threats, or posting restrictions to his account will be applied.  

Can we get a list of who has comics that are still being held hostage by Mike, and who has books that have so far been returned by Mike? I've completely lost track of which books are items of dispute, except NP's Amazing Fantasy #15 (doubtful it's been mailed to NP)

On 6/23/2023 at 11:31 AM, CGC Mike said:

If anyone wants the PM removed, let me know.  Hero Restoration has been informed that he is not allowed to use this forum to threaten members with law suits or any other kinds of threats, or posting restrictions to his account will be applied.  

Hey Mike Happy Birthday (hopefully the little cake is correct)!

• Administrator
On 6/23/2023 at 12:43 PM, Mystafo said:

Hey Mike Happy Birthday (hopefully the little cake is correct)!

Thank you.  

Actually it is and for some strange reason, it was there yesterday as well.  hm

On 6/23/2023 at 12:51 PM, CGC Mike said:

Thank you.  

Actually it is and for some strange reason, it was there yesterday as well.  hm

I guess we need to get birthday drinks one year as we are too close together not to!  Happy Bday CGC Employee of the year

On 6/23/2023 at 5:41 PM, L'Angelo Misterioso said:

Can we get a list of who has comics that are still being held hostage by Mike, and who has books that have so far been returned by Mike? I've completely lost track of which books are items of dispute, except NP's Amazing Fantasy #15 (doubtful it's been mailed to NP)

Well, here are mine :

Action # 7 & # 10

Detective # 29

Cost price was $53255 including $550 for a More Fun # 38 as a donor back cover for the AC# 7

I paid $12275 to Hero, and the last I heard from him was April 10th, saying that he would return the books via a trusted third party, as I’m in the UK.

This thread is WILD. I cannot imagine what some of you are going through. A Tec 29 gone for 5 years, handfuls of AF15. I'm truly sorry to everyone that this has happened to. 

My biggest question is really just why HR still has the books at all? It seems crystal clear from their post that the company is cash flow negative and all reserves were drained trying to expand (we won't get into bad business decisions because he wasnt the first and won't be the last) but then why still have the books at all? This work is never going to get done and truthfully why would you want to? You are 5 years behind in some cases. That is impossible to get out from under especially when there is no income. Just send the books back and then deal with everything else

On 6/23/2023 at 3:14 PM, quicksilver said:

Well, here are mine :

Action # 7 & # 10

Detective # 29

Cost price was $53255 including $550 for a More Fun # 38 as a donor back cover for the AC# 7

I paid $12275 to Hero, and the last I heard from him was April 10th, saying that he would return the books via a trusted third party, as I’m in the UK.

I assume he didn’t say anything about returning your $12,275?

On 6/23/2023 at 2:14 PM, quicksilver said:

Well, here are mine :

Action # 7 & # 10

Detective # 29

IMG_4160.gif 
We need a “shocked” emoji for this thread.

Edited by Dr. Balls