• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2023 at 2:51 PM, wolverine180 said:

No he has an AF15 of mine as well. Just came across this thread as well. Currently trying to read everyone's comments before I make a big response as well. But I paid 3200 as well for work to be done to improve my restored af 15 which was a CGC 4.5. He advised 18-24 months at a cost of 2500 or I could fast track it for 700 more and get in 6 -8 months. That was over 3 years ago. I will chime in later with all my details. And I did threatened legal action.  I just have not followed through because he assured me he will get to my book but no time frame. I was trying to be sympathetic but I am losing my patience. Will respond at a later date. On vacation currently and don't want to get all jacked right now thinking of it. 

everyone who is posting something similar, please email accounting@hrcomics.com with your submission number. I will not operate on these boards, and the more difficult this thread makes it for Hero, the more difficult it makes it for clients. Posting here first is an inappropriate venue for such conversations.

And yes, I shipped those damn books out already, you can send your money to the humane society, I don't want it.

On 6/23/2023 at 7:18 PM, Hero Restoration said:

Okay, this is short and sweet. I can't settle everyone at once. Every additional client the wants to cancel only makes it worse. If this thread continues, all operations will come to a halt. I am not settling in public, and I can see CGC Mike has a serious conflict in interest. If you think cancel all at once is the solution, go try that out at a bank.

This thread has so much libel, speculative, and mis-information, there is no way I can get my point across. Think whatever you want to think, but this thread will cause clients more harm than good. While Mike allows all this to occur, a blatant quadruple violation of CGC terms of use, he has been adamant to stifle me. That is fine, the client who are creating the libel, inaccurate, public display will have tyo wait until they respect the law before I will communicate. But, if CGC Mike thinks this is all okay, I have top secret CGC communications about settlements, I will post later, if not banned.

BTW, I figured out how to copy and paste those, despite CGC's best effort to disable the function. Double standards are the worst.

You know, I'm trying to do the right thing, but I am not given a fair chance. The idea that I am purposely choosing this is absurd. I have devoted 12 years of my life to this, and the harder I try, the more I sacrifice, the more I see I should be beginning like I am accused off, so keep it up. Calling on me for 30k at once, expecting me to hustle with my health, and then say stupid erroneous comments? You think making life harder for Hero is funny? Not when you realize I know more than a screen name. So, go ahead and post your grievance, with libel mis-information, and listen to a paralegal that must have spent most of his years working for a un-civil attorney. Go ahead, if you think you are anonymous,  and you want to defame me, go right ahead. I have had pros kick me in the balls, and I am still standing. What I learned in defense will surprise you. 

Or, you could try to put yourself in my shoes, and understand the impossible is being insisted from you immediately. I am not some 30 something Crypto thief, I am doing the best I can, pushing my health harder than I should, and threads like this have my question why should I. I should put my health first, have my surgery, and just tell every to wait. Maybe I will do just that. 

On 6/23/2023 at 10:18 PM, Hero Restoration said:

Okay, this is short and sweet. I can't settle everyone at once. Every additional client the wants to cancel only makes it worse. If this thread continues, all operations will come to a halt. I am not settling in public, and I can see CGC Mike has a serious conflict in interest. If you think cancel all at once is the solution, go try that out at a bank.

This thread has so much libel, speculative, and mis-information, there is no way I can get my point across. Think whatever you want to think, but this thread will cause clients more harm than good. While Mike allows all this to occur, a blatant quadruple violation of CGC terms of use, he has been adamant to stifle me. That is fine, the client who are creating the libel, inaccurate, public display will have tyo wait until they respect the law before I will communicate. But, if CGC Mike thinks this is all okay, I have top secret CGC communications about settlements, I will post later, if not banned.

🤦🏻‍♂️

On 6/23/2023 at 4:51 PM, wolverine180 said:

No he has an AF15 of mine as well. Just came across this thread as well. Currently trying to read everyone's comments before I make a big response as well. But I paid 3200 as well for work to be done to improve my restored af 15 which was a CGC 4.5. He advised 18-24 months at a cost of 2500 or I could fast track it for 700 more and get in 6 -8 months. That was over 3 years ago. I will chime in later with all my details. And I did threatened legal action.  I just have not followed through because he assured me he will get to my book but no time frame. I was trying to be sympathetic but I am losing my patience. Will respond at a later date. On vacation currently and don't want to get all jacked right now thinking of it. 

@Hero Restoration - I think many of us would love to hear your explanation regarding why you miserably failed this “fast track” customer.  Seems from your own posts that business and your health were on the up and up three years ago, so why is he still waiting for his book?

On 6/24/2023 at 1:18 PM, thehumantorch said:

None of us are happy about your situation.  None of us are happy that you got sick.  None of us are happy that your business is struggling.  If you go back to the beginning of this thread the comments were pretty positive and encouraging.  All of the books that you've been holding for years is a problem, and all of the money paid to you for restoration that apparently is not yet done but likely spent is a problem, but your attitude displayed in this thread has turned the 'room' against you.  An apology would have been a wonderful start.  Perhaps an acknowledgement that you've made mistakes and taken too long to restore books sent to you.  Perhaps a promise that the work will get done and some sort of understandable timeline for those who have sent you books.  From you all I've seen in this thread is excuses, anger, and threats.

I'd like to suggest you sincerely think about how this thread has gone.  How your attitude has made it worse.  Think about some of your customers who've posted in this thread about thousands of dollars and 10s of thousands of dollars worth of books sent to you that they figure is gone.  Lost.  Think about how you could have reacted differently to their posts here and the emails they must have sent you.  Perhaps you could send them a picture of their books and a realistic promise to start work on them on a specific day.  And apologize to them, all of them.  They sent you money and books and did their part.  

You've not been paying attention, years for serious resto work is the norm, as many people have mentioned.

People asking for their money back on work that is still midway through the process, and the process covers 12+ months, only confounds the situation.   He's been trying to find a way through the particular issue.

Edited by Microchip

On 6/23/2023 at 9:41 PM, Hero Restoration said:

I have devoted 12 years of my life to this, and the harder I try, the more I sacrifice, the more I see I should be beginning like I am accused off, so keep it up.

On 6/23/2023 at 9:41 PM, Hero Restoration said:

threads like this have my question why should I. I should put my health first, have my surgery, and just tell every to wait. Maybe I will do just that.

On 6/23/2023 at 9:27 PM, Hero Restoration said:

If this thread continues, all operations will come to a halt. I am not settling in public, and I can see CGC Mike has a serious conflict in interest. If you think cancel all at once is the solution, go try that out at a bank.

This seems to be a reoccurring theme.  "I've got a grenade and if you come any closer, I'll pull the pin".  That response to a crisis situation is what got to this point in the first place.  Saying things like involving lawyers will only get you sent to the back of the line.  That's just not the way to handle it.  The way to handle it is to make the hard phone call or email to each client individually.  Offer them options, those options must include the option of getting their books back very quickly, even if it doesn't include getting their money back or having any work done on them.  You don't seem to want to accept the only option that will bring this nightmare to an end.  

On 6/24/2023 at 1:31 PM, Nick Furious said:

The way to handle it is to make the hard phone call or email to each client individually.  Offer them options, those options must include the option of getting their books back very quickly, even if it doesn't include getting their money back or having any work done on them.  You don't seem to want to accept the only option that will bring this nightmare to an end.  

I don't remember CGC calling when they were in this situation, anyone?

On 6/23/2023 at 8:31 PM, Nick Furious said:

This seems to be a reoccurring theme.  "I've got a grenade and if you come any closer, I'll pull the pin".  That response to a crisis situation is what got to this point in the first place.  Saying things like involving lawyers will only get you sent to the back of the line.  That's just not the way to handle it.  The way to handle it is to make the hard phone call or email to each client individually.  Offer them options, those options must include the option of getting their books back very quickly, even if it doesn't include getting their money back or having any work done on them.  You don't seem to want to accept the only option that will bring this nightmare to an end.  

I'm sorry but that is incorrect. I have offered customers any type of option they wanted except for the ones I can't provide. If you want your stuff just shipped right away. That alone is hard enough. When you have a line. If the only solution the customer wants is an immediate refund that is also a problem. People don't want to wait is the biggest problem. They don't want to wait for their book. They don't want to wait for me to finish their book. They don't want to wait for their refund and they feel they're entitled to a whole refund. They don't want to compromise. They don't want to credit and they don't want to give me more time. So one sentence is out of context. If you add all the emails together all the effort I make, then you can see that I'm being pushed into a corner that has no exits and no relief and when that doesn't work then they just charge back their card and jam up accounts receivable so that nobody's money's there. It doesn't take very many bad apples to ruin the whole tree.

On 6/23/2023 at 8:43 PM, Microchip said:

I don't remember CGC calling when they were in this situation, anyone?

No, they don't. And in fact if you call them they just ghost you. I had clients waiting 16 months for their books asking them for to be returned and a refund and all we got back was no no and no

They don't offer any discount or any refund of services. They don't allow any cancellations. Once they receive the order. Their contract is not have a definitive time, but they get away with it and more. Why is that?

Hero did make the hard calls and apologies when we had the staff. Every minute I'm doing something else other than pressing shipping or restoration is eating up that time. I can't answer phones. I can't make the calls. I can't deal with the people who just want to back out and expect you know an instant cash refund when it's a lot of money. Why should I have to give refunds when CGC doesn't? I think you all know the answer why? . The only difference is restoration, yeah those got really backed up because I took an a lot and I thought the people I trained were going to cover it and then they bailed on me. That's on me but that's why it happened. I spent well over the 15% CGC gives in customer service. Just apologize for to customers for how long they were taking. When CGC's pressing was taken 12 months we were doing it in four.

And honestly everybody was fine until they heard I was sick, and then they just wanted to pull the rip cord and bail out like I'm just Bank of America