• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider Man 194
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hey folks!

Back with another one for you; found a 9.6 ASM that I’m looking at buying, but found this one odd defect near the binding.  It looks like a legit tear; not a binding or manufacturing defect, but a legit tear from whatever.

Anyone think this is an binding or manufacturing defect, or do you think it’s just a tear?  Personally: I think it’s a tear, and I’m a bit 94BCD6FE-7A6C-4BDC-8C92-6BD66EC05D89.thumb.png.75e1a0c8dc7d8a112079a86eea91535e.pngput off about it now.

Yea; that’s about my feelings too.

If enough folks can come to the same idea of “not sure”; then CGC would have a statistically viable shot at letting it slide as a bindery defect.

This is a CFP resubmit candidate for me btw.

manufacturing defect or not I wouldn't want a CGC 9.6 copy of a book with this. Trust your gut, you felt the need to post on the boards regarding it, that says you don't like it.

Suggest looking for another copy.

Edited by Artboy99