• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Romita Sr. passes away at age 93.
10 10

95 posts in this topic

I was fortunate enough to walk right up to John Romita’s table at Baltimore Comic Con in 2005. He was super nice just like all the interviews I had seen…he signed my program after, of course, I made a donation to the Heroes Initiative.
RIP John Romita Sr.

2999C1DE-C439-4C34-8797-369C730E0933.thumb.jpeg.567dba65aa9b4a4032f408479a9282c9.jpeg

Since finding this with both Sr. and Jr. signatures, it has been particularly thought-evoking around Father's Day.  Now more so.  But also curiously, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse not only featured the Prowler prominently, but also revolved primarily around the father-son dynamic, which makes it interesting that this is the book with both signatures.  RIP

image.thumb.jpeg.490dccf85a6177c6c3b58952cde15e8f.jpeg

Edited by Pantodude

I found another lurker, but I'm posting to show the range of characters, as I know there have been a lot of signature series posted with Romita Sr within the last two years. 

I hope a lot of people got their momento or in person talk somehow. :)

4474276_Full_Obv.jpg

On 6/17/2023 at 4:03 PM, GoldCap said:

RIP John Romita Sr.  A true legend!

I have just one signed book by him but it's one of my favorites in my entire collection

Captain America Comics #78 CGC SS 3.0.jpg

I only have the Atlas Era Masterworks hardcover. His art during that period was really good.

Life well lived. I always found his art work solid, reliable, good with drawing people. I can’t think of any of his work that was less than very good to great, no “mail in’s” I can recall. His character designs quietly set the future table at Marvel.

On 6/18/2023 at 3:50 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

BWS?

He just about sneaks in.

Actually, he followed Steranko on X-Men, so you’re right.

Edited by Ken Aldred