• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great comic book with edge wear
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to the comic book collectors scene. It's cool to be a part of it :foryou:. Now I could need your help and your experience, because Google and grading criteria didn't help me anymore.

While searching I've discovered a bronze age comic that I would describe as almost perfect overall. The only weaknesses I can see is a slightly rounded corner and quite a bit of minor wear at the top edge of the front cover. I've attached a screenshot of it. How much do these defects affect the overall rating if the rest is in great condition with white pages? Could it still get a high rating or is the overall amount of defects a critial factor?

Thanks for your help!

Edge Wear.jpg

Edited by Mandragus

Let's assume the rest of the book is flawless. I still think with that amount of wear to the top edge, you would be in the 8.0-9.0. Some of those bends might press out a little but this book likely has other flaws which, as others have stated, a full photo would help some of us better determine a grade for you.