• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM GI Joe ARAH 1
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Detached centerfold, slight edge wear with slight color loss, slightly blunted/rounded corners, rusty staples, foxing/discoloration by the spine, slightly mistrimmed top edge, slight spine roll/fanned pages, minor spine stress with 2-3 small color breaking spine ticks, slight staining on rear cover.

I do not know how CGC usually views this, there is no creasing/bends/tears, spine stress or any major issues other than the detached centerfold and staples, without the detached centerfold I would have assigned a grade of FN+ 6.5 (+/-), with the detached centerfold and rusted lower staple I do not see this book grading higher than a VG 4.0/VG+ 4.5

On 6/19/2023 at 1:09 PM, marvelmaniac said:

CGC usually views

In the spirit of interpreting CGC standards. the book says the range for a detached wrap are 7.5 (otherwise perfect book) down to 4.0. In other words, if the book would otherwise grade below 4.0, the wrap detachment wouldn't count as an additional deduction. The only issue that the Maniac didn't list is some apparent staining in the white & blue bars the the right of JOE. With cover stains, I can't see this starting at anything over 5.5. Best guess is 4.5/5.0 & leaning to the 5.0.