• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men 101
1 1

10 posts in this topic

6.5±0.5. I think 7.0 is a reach, but within the possible range if thus was cleaned up. One note of caution, I have strong suspicion that CCS pressing took a couple of my books with loose staples to cover detachments. Tread with caution about who works on it.

On 6/20/2023 at 11:52 AM, scburdet said:

6.5±0.5. I think 7.0 is a reach, but within the possible range if thus was cleaned up. One note of caution, I have strong suspicion that CCS pressing took a couple of my books with loose staples to cover detachments. Tread with caution about who works on it.

Yow! I would be over the moon to get a 6.5 on this book! Thanks for the heads up on CCS.  Researching them and hearing these kind of stories led me to start learning to do my own pressing.  Here’s how Jean Grey came to me in the collection i bought!   I probably pressed this book earlier than i should have attempted a spine roll repair, but the staple is intact so I guess I still came out ahead ;-) 

https://imgur.com/a/k4Qvt2T

On 6/20/2023 at 4:16 PM, scburdet said:

did you do some cleaning already? I was sort of pricing in that being something still to do. That brown patch on the BRBC if it doesn't come off might knock it down a grade or 2 depending on what it is

Yes this is dry-cleaned/pressed already.  It’s as good as it’s gonna get without doing like a heat overlay press or some whitening, which I’m just starting to get into.   So, if you can let me know where you think it’s now, that would be great!

On 6/20/2023 at 6:52 PM, scburdet said:

5.0/5.5 since that corner stain is persistent, maybe soaked through

If I decide to try to work on it I’ll post results but I’m still very happy considering how I got it! Thanks so much for your time .