• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would this qualify as a Mechanical Error?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I received this STRANGE TALES #135 back today as part of a submission, and noted the multiple vertical scuffs on the front of the holder.  They go all the way across the width of the holder, but I only photographed a few to show examples.  I lightly rubbed with a microfiber eyeglass cleaning cloth, to no avail.  These were not visible in the hi-res scan of the book on the Certification page for this copy.

Does this qualify as a Mechanical Error, eligible to be returned and corrected?  I have never had an issue with any books that I have submitted in the past, and just want to verify, before proceeding with submitting a return for a ME.  Do I need to contact Customer Service before completing the ME submission form?

As a sub-query, this copy was part of the Mile High II collection, but I did not submit it as such, since that pedigree is not currently listed with the pedigrees that CGC currently recognizes.  I knew to not send in the Certificate of Authenticity, as CGC cannot include them in the holder, and cannot guarantee that they can be returned.  I do see several books listed on auction sites that were graded by CGC that note 'Mile High II', both with the older style header, and the newer style of header.  Is it still true that a Mile High II book will not be noted on the header, if submitted today?

image000008.jpg

image000007 (1).jpg

image000006 (1).jpg

image000004 (7).jpg

image000003 (10).jpg

image000002 (14).jpg

image000001 (17).jpg

• Administrator

Hello, this would qualify for the Mechanical Error submission as long as it is done within 14 days of being shipped out from our facility. I am not sure about the Mile High inclusion and this would take some more research. You may want to complete the form and then email customer service to find out more, that way you do not miss the chance to complete the form while we research the pedigree for you.