• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED
5 5

323 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2023 at 9:41 AM, catrick339 said:

All Woman, Beacon B365

There are a few tiny indentations on the BC, and the cover is slightly miswrapped  front to back, 
leaving about a sixteenth of an inch of exposed edge on the pages FC. Could be production, could be
an old glue repair?  Everything else is sharp. Flat, tight, square, glossy, untouched interiorm bright colors. 

Asking a mere $10 because maybe glue repair. 
Also, side-boob!

ZALLWOMANA.jpg

ZALLWOMANB.jpg

20230629_091244.jpg

:takeit:

On 6/29/2023 at 9:48 AM, catrick339 said:

Contraband, Signet 902
EGAD! Dope rings! In America! 

A little gem with a couple flaws. Scratch FC below the "C" in the title, the front cover has *maybe* been opened once, 
small dogear lower LH BC, barely breaks color. Flat, square, glossy, clean interior. 

Asking $20

ZCONTRABANDA.jpg

ZCONTRABANDB.jpg

20230629_091003.jpg

On 6/29/2023 at 9:57 AM, catrick339 said:

Here's the last Brunch Bird. 

Blood Alley, Gold Medal 499

Gemmiest of the lot. There are two small indentations with tiny color breaks along the spine FC, two more 
that are tinier still and don't break color and that's basically it. Flat, clean, square, glossy, bright colors, 
clean interior.  Good painting of Duke and Lauren Bacall FC, decent phot of Duke BC. 
From my personal collection. 

Asking $35

ZBLOODALLEYA.jpg

ZBLOODALLEYB.jpg

20230629_091523.jpg

Catrick's Catchy afternoon session is now in order!

After the successful sale of my Blackmark paperback I decided to take a look at the bookshelves again, 
and came up with another pair of comic-related paperbacks it's time to part with.

First up:

The Best Of Creepy, Tempo Books 448-05368, 1971. Stated first printing.

Couple of weak corners, otherwise flat, square, clean, glossy, untouched interior. There's one odd thing, 
the upper edge has a section that is faded out. It looks as though the ink wasn't quite right, maybe a weak solution or
a clogged nozzle, and there's a light patch which bleeds an eighth inch into the pages. Oddly, there's zero sign
of anything of the sort on the inside of either cover. It's either production or the oddest water stain I've ever seen. 
I was delighted with this copy for my bookshelves,  I think someone else will be equally delighted. 

Asking $35  SOLD!

CREEPYA.jpg

CREEPYB.jpg

20230629_140620.jpg

20230629_140631.jpg

Edited by catrick339

The Fantastic Four Return, Lancer 72-169, 1967

Well, I'm calling it. This copy is durned near news stand fresh. There just isn't much you  can find to gig it on.
The only thing I can see is a tiny NCB dogear upper LH BC, probably not visible in the scan. 
From my personal collection, and I'll be sorry to see it go. 

Pretty, pretty book for $35  SOLD!

LANCERFFA.jpg

LANCERFFB.jpg

20230629_140300.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 6/29/2023 at 12:23 PM, catrick339 said:

Catrick's Catchy afternoon session is now in order!

After the successful sale of my Blackmark paperback I decided to take a look at the bookshelves again, 
and came up with another pair of comic-related paperbacks it's time to part with.

First up:

The Best Of Creepy, Tempo Books 448-05368, 1971. Stated first printing.

Couple of weak corners, otherwise flat, square, clean, glossy, untouched interior. There's one odd thing, 
the upper edge has a section that is faded out. It looks as though the ink wasn't quite right, maybe a weak solution or
a clogged nozzle, and there's a light patch which bleeds an eighth inch into the pages. Oddly, there's zero sign
of anything of the sort on the inside of either cover. It's either production or the oddest water stain I've ever seen. 
I was delighted with copy for my bookshelves,  I think someone else will be equally delighted. 

Asking $35

CREEPYA.jpg

CREEPYB.jpg

20230629_140620.jpg

20230629_140631.jpg

Take

A note about tonight's session. 

It may start late, it may be abbreviated, and there's a possibilty that it may not happen at all. 

Some of you east coast and midwest dealers and collectors may know Roger Petersen, from The Collectors Zone
in Jackson Michigan. Roger was diagnosed with bone cancer back around the first of the year, and passed away
midweek last week. There's a little memorial/wake for him this evening at 6 PM here in town and I'll be attending. 
Depending on  how many funny stories folks have to tell, I may be late for the session this evening, or call it
off entirely.  

Look for me by 9 PM or so, or not at all, and I'll double up tomorrow to catch up. 

Edited by catrick339

On 6/29/2023 at 1:40 PM, catrick339 said:

A note about tonight's session. 

It may start late, it may be abbreviated, and there's a possibilty that it may not happen at all. 

Some of you east coast and midwest dealers and collectors may know Roger Petersen, from The Collectors Zone
in Jackson Michigan. Roger was diagnosed with bone cancer back around the first of the year, and passed away
midweek last week. There's a little memorial/wake for him this evening at 6 PM here in town and I'll be attending. 
Depending on  how many funny stories folks have to tell, I may be late for the session this evening, or call it
off entirely.  

Look for me by 9 PM or so, or not at all, and I'll double up tomorrow to catch up. 

Oh man. :frown:

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

On 6/29/2023 at 2:46 PM, alecholland said:

I have a copy, but still thought about getting a second one.

This. I do this waaayyyy too much - buying duplicates of things I already have. As you wrote, I should save my limited funds more exclusively for things I don’t already own.  (shrug)

On 6/29/2023 at 2:32 PM, catrick339 said:

The Fantastic Four Return, Lancer 72-169, 1967

Well, I'm calling it. This copy is durned near news stand fresh. There just isn't much you  can find to gig it on.
The only thing I can see is a tiny NCB dogear upper LH BC, probably not visible in the scan. 
From my personal collection, and I'll be sorry to see it go. 

Pretty, pretty book for $35

LANCERFFA.jpg

LANCERFFB.jpg

20230629_140300.jpg

take

All right Gang, I'm back from what turned out to be a very nice wake/celebration of Roger's life. 

I have some housekeeping to do in the thread, but I'm still determined to list a handful of books this evening, so bear with me while I review things and answer a few PM's. I have five books scanned and ready to go, I'll get them all done...shortly. 

In the meanwhile:

The Fantastic Four Return, Lancer 72-169 is SOLD!

Thanks TupennyConan!

Back in  bit with some more swell stuff. 

The following books are on hold during intense negotiations, :D 

Gang Girl    Nightstand NB 1504.  $30 - at 20% 
Mazie - Any Man's Girl, Venus 103  $25 at 20% off  - $20
Guilty V7 #2, December 1962   $15 at 20% off  - $12
Basement Gang, Beacon B 260  $40 at 20% off  - $32
Vulcan's Hammer/The Skynappers, Ace Double S-457, copy 2  $10
The Man Who Japed/Space-Born, Ace Double D-193  $5
The Cosmic Puppets/Sargasso Of Apace, Ace Double D-249  $5
Ubik, Dell 9200. Stated first printing.  $25
The Little Caesars, Ace D-486  Oboy! More Gang Girls!  $20
Women In Prison, Permastar 239  $10

Edited by catrick339

Remembering Laughter, Dell Ten Cent #17

General wear, long crease FC, ink chipping along the spine. 

Nice reader for $5

REMEMBERA.jpg

REMEMBERB.jpg

20230629_172138.jpg

Edited by catrick339

(Scratches head...)
Well, it's right side up in the gallery.  I guess as long as you can see the spinr it'll do until I can take time to  fix it.

Man In The Shadow, Avon T-196
Movie tie-in, photo covers, B & W photo of Colleen Miller page 1

Tight and glossy, but the spine is slightly cocked, and it's concave along the length to boot. There's no obvious wear or creasing,
so it's a puzzle to me. Two short vertical indentations lower BC, may not be visible in the scan, otherwise virtually no wear. 

Yours for $10

MANINSHADOWA.jpg

MANINSHADOWB.jpg

20230629_172405.jpg

20230629_213349.jpg

Edited by catrick339

The Crooking Finger, Dell Mapback 104

NCB creases FC, but they should be heavy enough to spot in the scan, a couple lighter ones BC to boot. 
Otherwise flat and square, glossy, bright colors, interior is clean except for a small ink mark on the first endleaf.

Asking $10

THECROOKINGA.jpg

THECROOKINGB.jpg

20230629_172621.jpg

Edited by catrick339