• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED - THANK YOU!!
6 6

58 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2023 at 8:52 AM, Black_Adam said:

Yes, Cornucopia and Carousel are already copyrighted on the boards. May I suggest alternative alliterations, perhaps crescendo, cascade or crab-cakes?   

Carp is taken by yours truly.

On 6/23/2023 at 12:15 PM, catrick339 said:

Awww. I was hoping for the two bits, lollol

Right? And you have a Cornucopia thread open right now! It can be argued that you lost sales due to the brand confusion.  :taptaptap: 

On 6/23/2023 at 11:21 AM, Point Five said:

Right? And you have a Cornucopia thread open right now! It can be argued that you lost sales due to the brand confusion.  :taptaptap: 

Or! The awesomeness of my listings increased his reputation amongst those to view them by association….

You’re welcome 🤗 

On 6/23/2023 at 12:21 PM, Point Five said:

That's IT!

Thirty cents or it's WAR!

On 6/23/2023 at 8:29 AM, Conali said:

Brenda Starr #14 CGC 3.5 

66 Universals on Census

$2350

BrendaStarr14CGC3.5(1)66UonCensus2350.thumb.jpg.f9773c6f6a79afc640d54a3f44071115.jpgBrendaStarr14CGC3.5-corrected.thumb.jpg.bd03977d490c3c7e20e3d4bab6484a4e.jpg

These look like really nice books. With a little effort you can correct the brightness and make these more attractive. Your scanner exposure is too dark. I suspect this book looks more like this.

On 6/23/2023 at 8:25 AM, Conali said:

Startling Comics #49 CGC 2.0 

123 Universals on Census

$8000

image.thumb.jpeg.11587c8c3b3d416bb0da69fcab77fe8a.jpegStartlingComics49-corrected.thumb.jpg.ab3bd0fabf0037e0ef740012680a6b80.jpg

I was going to get this cleaned and pressed, but I'll list it here at the moment for my "Don't actually want to sell this" price.  

I think this is the most overpriced GA book that I know of but still a great cover. Like the TOD 10 of the GA.
I know it's like first appearance of "Bender" but that's like an anachronism man.
Anyhow. I lightened this one up also. I think when you scan CGC books there is a 1/4" gap distance between the scanner and the image. the scanner exposes for the tag bcuz it closer.

On 6/23/2023 at 12:42 PM, Jack Linguini said:

I think this is the most overpriced GA book that I know of but still a great cover. Like the TOD 10 of the GA.
I know it's like first appearance of "Bender" but that's like an anachronism man.
Anyhow. I lightened this one up also. I think when you scan CGC books there is a 1/4" gap distance between the scanner and the image. the scanner exposes for the tag bcuz it closer.

Yeah they come out darker than reality for sure, but I also don’t want to adjust image settings and have the buyer think it was intentional or nefarious.  I’d rather underpromise and over deliver, if that makes sense?

Edited by Conali

On 6/23/2023 at 11:46 AM, Conali said:

Yeah they come out darker than reality for sure, but I also don’t want to adjust image settings and have the buyer think it was intentional.  I’d rather underpromise and over deliver, if that makes sense?

It's honest but cheating yourself and not showing the books like they look. This is not retouching. It's just correcting exposure. the scanner is underexposing and not representing your books well.

I don't have a scanner ATM I just usually do iphone photos. I setup a copy stand but when I am rebagging new books I am usually too lazy to setup the lights and camera. But long term this is how I am documenting my books.

On 6/23/2023 at 12:51 PM, Jack Linguini said:

It's honest but cheating yourself and not showing the books like they look. This is not retouching. It's just correcting exposure. the scanner is underexposing and not representing your books well.

I don't have a scanner ATM I just usually do iphone photos. I setup a copy stand but when I am rebagging new books I am usually too lazy to setup the lights and camera. But long term this is how I am documenting my books.

A fair point and thank you for the input, I’ll see if I can get them close to reality when I get back to the cave.

Cheers!

On 6/23/2023 at 3:46 PM, L'Angelo Misterioso said:

I was gonna comment on the dark scans actually, but I wasn't sure if that's just actually how the books look. I was considering the TFTC #27 but held off bc the image is too dark (note that this isnt an "I'll take it!")

I added some camera photos to get a clear indication of color and brightness, until I can figure out the scanner issues.  Thanks for the patience and tips all!

On 6/23/2023 at 10:37 AM, Conali said:

This Magazine is Haunted #13 CGC 3.5

25 Universals on Census

$450

IMG_2808.thumb.jpeg.769248f9ce0308e786362574c28c1ea2.jpeg

ThisMagazineisHaunted13CGC3.5(1)25UonCensus425.thumb.jpg.d79e44592c87aebfb05a4311c83806d5.jpgThisMagazineisHaunted13CGC3.5(2).thumb.jpg.c13d5c9058830217d63bdd3c42016c24.jpg

MUUUUCH better with the photos. :takeit: 

Now go buy some paperbacks, lol 

Edited by catrick339

!:news:!:bump:!:news:

Take 5% off anything listed before this post!  For a few of them that’s a great deal and for the rest a major steal!

Will be listing some SA and BA keys later this afternoon!

Thanks for looking! :foryou: