• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen OA Alert - UPDATED Monday, May 6th 2024
2 2

122 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2023 at 6:45 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Thanks to all whose keen eagle eyes have spotted these items for sale on ebay.  I'm glad to be a member of this august community of collectors, and I want you all to know that I am communication with the ebay seller presently.  

Could you share this with the seller and ask if he has my ghost rider page

image.jpeg

On 8/9/2023 at 2:16 AM, KirbyCollector said:

If he gets his art back, great, I would still report every detail of this seller to USPIS. There is still a mail theft ring targeting Heritage shipments (potentially any of ours) and it was no "accident" or "misunderstanding" that the art landed with this guy. He's the best lead for any ongoing investigation and should be reported ASAP.

Jury's out for me on this one . . . though it does seem a bit of a stretch of the imagination that targeted art shipment thefts would end-up in some kind of bargain bin?  If the eBay seller's on the level, he shouldn't have a problem co-operating fully with investigators following the audit trail . . . so, yeah, this needs further action.

On 8/7/2023 at 10:48 AM, RBerman said:

The listing has been taken down.

Hawkmanstolenart.thumb.jpg.f6ddacae6ed1522dab9e81ffeaa369f1.jpg

Al MILCROM ???

This is outrageous. It looks like now his other items for sale link is cleared of inventory. Hope this gets the justice deserved all the way around.

On 8/21/2023 at 12:11 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

HI, all:

Just wanted to share a brief update with you as I continue to work through the layer upon layer of information I've received.

First, I was able to connect with the ebay seller about the numerous pages he listed on Ebay (and thanks once again to the fine folks who pointed this out to me).  He was surprised to hear they were stolen, but was very understanding and worked with me to ensure I received the pages back from Missouri.  He did send them to me and I can confirm that all of the pages from the initial stolen package were there (thumbsu

I must admit that I was more than surprised to find out they were located in Missouri, as that is a great distance from where they were stolen: the USPS distribution center in Dallas, TX.

I have some more information to pursue, which will hopefully yield more answers as I move forward. 

A few odds and ends:

• Brian, he did not see/does not have your Ghost Rider page, I'm sorry to say.  Nor has he seen it for sale at the place where he purchased my pages in Missouri
  • Dallas police have been updated of the situation and I continue to work with them
  • USPS was, and remain, absolutely useless in this matter.  They can deal with the police now.
  • Pages from the second stolen package have yet to turn up.  As a reminder, here's a list of the pages.  Please spread the word on these covers/pages and DM me should you come across any, and thanks again to everyone for your support, suggestions, and well-wishes:

• Brett Booth Gunslinger Spawn #11p16
  • Brett Booth Gunslinger Spawn #14p7
  • Alan Weiss Amazing Spiderman #209p9, 1st appearance of Calypso.  Spidey is in the 1st panel
  • John Romita Jr Green Arrow #51 cover
  • Brett Booth Gunslinger Spawn #15p10
  • John Romita Jr The Flash #51 cover
  • John Romita Jr Thor #25p28 very impressive full page splash of Thor preparing to land a knock-out blow against Thanos
  • Dale Keown Incredible Hulk #370p9 Namor vs Hulk battle page.  Two panels have stats of the original artwork, which is directly beneath the stats.
  • Dale Keown Incredible Hulk #371p11 Namor vs Hulk battle page
  • John Romita Jr Thor #25p32 half splash featuring Thor vs Thanos battle 
  • Kevin Maguire JLA Classified #6p21 featuring Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Fire & Ice working at a hamburger joint in Hell
  • Kevin Maguire JLA Classified #5p12 featuring Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, and Power Girl
  • Sean Chen Sensational Spiderman #33p11
  • Sean Chen Sensational Spiderman #33p13
  • Luke Ross Spectacular Spiderman #241p7
  • Luke Ross and Al Milgrom Spectacular Spiderman #251p11
  • Luke Ross and Al Milgrom Spectacular Spiderman #251p13
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #253p21
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #254p4
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #255p22
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #256p6
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #256p21
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #257p2
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #257p4
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #257p8
  • Luke Ross and Al Williamson Sensational Spiderman #7p22 half splash

So glad you've recovered some of your missing pages.  Can you tell us how the seller got these pages?

On 8/21/2023 at 2:20 PM, thehumantorch said:

So glad you've recovered some of your missing pages.  Can you tell us how the seller got these pages?

Sure...he came across them at a local discount bin store in Missouri.  All of the pages were still intact in the original package I sent them in to Heritage.  I am following up with the store to determine details as to how the package got there, when it arrived, did they sell similar items, etc

On 8/21/2023 at 2:28 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Sure...he came across them at a local discount bin store in Missouri.  All of the pages were still intact in the original package I sent them in to Heritage.  I am following up with the store to determine details as to how the package got there, when it arrived, did they sell similar items, etc

I am glad you got some of your art back, but please report every detail of this person to the US Postal Inspection Service or Dallas police. 20 years of investigating various violations of federal law gave me a pretty good gut instinct, and my gut tells me this individual is lying to you. He is part of the ring, period, and if you want to prevent Heritage related mail thefts from happening to the rest of us you should report him.

Edited by KirbyCollector

On 8/21/2023 at 2:36 PM, KirbyCollector said:

I am glad you got some of your art back, but please report every detail of this person to the US Postal Inspection Service. 20 years of investigating various violations of federal law gave me a pretty good gut instinct, and my gut tells me this individual is lying to you. He is part of the ring, period, and if you want to prevent Heritage related mail thefts from happening to the rest of us you should report him.

Thanks.  I am also discussing with Heritage about what to do/how to prevent this from occurring again.  They have been receptive to the communication thus far, and I've also been advised of upcoming conventions where I can drop off consignments to them in person (thumbsu 

On 8/21/2023 at 2:39 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Thanks.  I am also discussing with Heritage about what to do/how to prevent this from occurring again.  They have been receptive to the communication thus far, and I've also been advised of upcoming conventions where I can drop off consignments to them in person (thumbsu 

I'm just sorry I don't live close enough to go knock on his door and do an interview for you... am sure it would be "enlightening"

On 8/21/2023 at 2:36 PM, KirbyCollector said:

I am glad you got some of your art back, but please report every detail of this person to the US Postal Inspection Service or Dallas police. 20 years of investigating various violations of federal law gave me a pretty good gut instinct, and my gut tells me this individual is lying to you. He is part of the ring, period, and if you want to prevent Heritage related mail thefts from happening to the rest of us you should report him.

While that sounds very reasonable and very logical only a complete moe ron would sell one stolen items that are one of a kind on ebay.

Edited by MAR1979

On 8/21/2023 at 1:39 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I don't understand why Heritage doesn't have the PO hold it in the first place. I also don't understand why large consignments aren't sent USPS Priority Registered if using USPS.

On 8/22/2023 at 1:00 PM, alxjhnsn said:

I don't understand why Heritage doesn't have the PO hold it in the first place. I also don't understand why large consignments aren't sent USPS Priority Registered if using USPS.

Hi, Alex

We don't have USPS here in the Great White North so its not an option for me, unless I drive 1.5 hrs to cross into the US.

On 8/22/2023 at 5:01 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Hi, Alex

We don't have USPS here in the Great White North so its not an option for me, unless I drive 1.5 hrs to cross into the US.

Good point on USPS delivery from Canada. :)

I still wonder why Heritage doesn't have the packages held at the PO. 

On 8/23/2023 at 1:40 PM, alxjhnsn said:

Good point on USPS delivery from Canada. :)

I still wonder why Heritage doesn't have the packages held at the PO. 

Yeah, Heritage should definitely be taking a more proactive role in safeguarding artwork shipments to them.  Reading this thread, I'd now be a bit wary of sending them anything in the mailing system, so it is in their interest to build-in tighter security measures to help protect customers.  I've also read about a few packages they sent out to buyers that went missing.

On 8/22/2023 at 4:01 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Hi, Alex

Wouldn't a higher level of Canada Post shipping service transfer to some kind of priority USPS package when it crosses the border? Just curious.

Hi, All

Just a quick reminder that the following artwork remains stolen.  Long story short, no leads have been found...yet

• Brett Booth Gunslinger Spawn #11p16
  • Brett Booth Gunslinger Spawn #14p7
  • Alan Weiss Amazing Spiderman #209p9, 1st appearance of Calypso.  Spidey is in the 1st panel
  • John Romita Jr Green Arrow #51 cover
  • Brett Booth Gunslinger Spawn #15p10
  • John Romita Jr The Flash #51 cover
  • John Romita Jr Thor #25p28 very impressive full page splash of Thor preparing to land a knock-out blow against Thanos
  • Dale Keown Incredible Hulk #370p9 Namor vs Hulk battle page.  Two panels have stats of the original artwork, which is directly beneath the stats.
  • Dale Keown Incredible Hulk #371p11 Namor vs Hulk battle page
  • John Romita Jr Thor #25p32 half splash featuring Thor vs Thanos battle 
  • Kevin Maguire JLA Classified #6p21 featuring Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Fire & Ice working at a hamburger joint in Hell
  • Kevin Maguire JLA Classified #5p12 featuring Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, and Power Girl
  • Sean Chen Sensational Spiderman #33p11
  • Sean Chen Sensational Spiderman #33p13
  • Luke Ross Spectacular Spiderman #241p7
  • Luke Ross and Al Milgrom Spectacular Spiderman #251p11
  • Luke Ross and Al Milgrom Spectacular Spiderman #251p13
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #253p21
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #254p4
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #255p22
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #256p6
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #256p21
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #257p2
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #257p4
  • Luke Ross and Dan Green Spectacular Spiderman #257p8
  • Luke Ross and Al Williamson Sensational Spiderman #7p22 half splash

That really sucks, I have some valuable art, if I ever sell them through Heritage, I'd hand them to them in person at a show. I know you being in Canada it isn't that easy to do.  USPS employees are also watching out for packages being delivered to Heritage since they know it's more than likely something valuable being sent to them

Edited by Kevin76

Update on my lost Ghost Rider page.

Someone contacted me thru Comicartfans a few weeks ago, said he "found" the artwork and wondering if there was a reward. I had him send me a photo of the artwork as proof which he did. Thru the name he gave me and other info I found he is in Missouri not in Texas where it disappeared  I offered to send him money to cover shipping the artwork back and when I received it I would send him a finders fee. The guy thought the page was worth much more and asked for more payment. At that point I contacted the USPS again and am involving the police. Will let you know how it ends up.

Brian

If you have the funds, I do suggest hiring a private attorney with a Lawfirm who has a good investigator. Also, maybe contact the FBI field office in Missouri, which is obviously one of the nodes of the mail theft ring. Once the mail is removed from the USPS facility and is resold, it’s not just a USPS postal inspector issue. It’s a federal crime that the FBI should be investigating. 

Edited by PhilipB2k17