• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Important info regarding HotShotComics and his customers books at CGC
6 6

68 posts in this topic

Here we go, Doug posted this am July 13th. If CGC send the books to him we will never get them. The guy does not have the money to pay for the postage for all those books. Cmon CGC the guy is bankrupt your just giving him free money(ours) for him to use when he declares bankruptcy. That inventory will then be sold to pay his creditors (you,Diamond his landlord etc) and we will be out of pocket and books. This man has lawsuits against him and owes everyone money. He has been banned from conventions for being terrible to customers and ripping people off. He is without moral and you trust him to ship our books? 
This is a class action waiting to happen if that occurs 

IMG_1730.png

On 7/13/2023 at 8:24 AM, Thomas hogan said:

Here we go, Doug posted this am July 13th. If CGC send the books to him we will never get them. The guy does not have the money to pay for the postage for all those books. Cmon CGC the guy is bankrupt your just giving him free money(ours) for him to use when he declares bankruptcy. That inventory will then be sold to pay his creditors (you,Diamond his landlord etc) and we will be out of pocket and books. This man has lawsuits against him and owes everyone money. He has been banned from conventions for being terrible to customers and ripping people off. He is without moral and you trust him to ship our books? 

IMG_1730.png

Completely agree. This is a guy who missed his small claims court yesterday regarding some expensive comic books and has another court date for larceny. This is a terrible idea and myself and the 85 plus people who submitted our forms to Cgc in good faith that we’d get our books back would absolutely get hosed if you go through with this. 

On 7/13/2023 at 8:24 AM, Thomas hogan said:

IMG_1730.png

Notice also the end of Stuart’s email - “Please don’t issue any more public statements…”

So the first thing the guy does is issue another public statement.  I’m rooting for all of you with books and money tied up in this fiasco, because yikes.

• Administrator

Hey all

The info I posted yesterday was wrong, so I hid some posts.  Sorry about that.  My post should have said this:

We are working with Hotshotcomics/Asheville Comics/Doug Cegelis and his customers toward getting all of the customer books in CGC’s possession back to customers. We are in the process of going through our in-house inventory in an attempt to match up orders.