• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Triangle Era main title?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

During the Triangle Era mant differents titles was connected and you have to read every of them to understand the story. But only in a collecting vision who considered as the main title?

Adventures of superman or Superman Vol 2. 

Adventures of superman keeped the original numbering but superman vol2 have the more intuitive name and after john byrn wright the new origin in man of steel he's continued on the volume 2 first issues. So i think in a collection option its more logic to take the vol2 than Adventures. Are you on the same advice?

I dont want to have 1000 book of superman in my house and im going to just read the other series online, so i have to take a decision.

On 6/26/2023 at 7:11 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The Adventures of Superman is a numbered-continuation of the 1938 series. Superman Vol. 2 starts at "first issue". So, logically, TAOS would've been the "main title" at the time.

But it's not and never was. Outside of Spider-Man (ASM), I don't think any multi-series character really has a main collecting title.

On 6/26/2023 at 11:37 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 6/26/2023 at 11:17 AM, Lazyboy said:

But it's not and never was. Outside of Spider-Man (ASM), I don't think any multi-series character really has a main collecting title.

Then what is? Action Comics?

(shrug)

On 6/27/2023 at 1:32 AM, shadroch said:

When Byrne took over Superman and was doing the book numbered Volume 2, it was the main Superman title.  The book titled Adventures of Superman was secondary and for a year or so, Superman only appeared in a two-page spread in Action. Weekly.

Thats right!