• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Appraising Commissions
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Howdy all. My apologies, in advance, if this is addressed elsewhere. I have been collecting convention sketches/commissions for years. I don't have any intent of selling but I need to provide an accurate valuation for insurance purposes. I know, of course, what I paid but that's about it. I really have no clue as to how to value these. Can anyone suggest a reference or rule of thumb? Or do I just have to hire an appraiser? Many thanks!

Everything that I've learned on this topic is here in the aptly named "Pricing Comic Art" thread. Read the spoiler text in the first post. Enjoy.

Questions/comment/recommendations/concerns are all welcome.

Edited by alxjhnsn

On 6/24/2023 at 4:02 PM, alxjhnsn said:

Everything that I've learned on this topic is here in the aptly named "Pricing Comic Art" thread. Read the spoiler text in the first post. Enjoy.

Questions/comment/recommendations/concerns are all welcome.

Awesome! Thanks much! I look forward to reading.

It depends on what you’ve been collecting. If you have top tier artists drawing characters they are known for you could get decent money but if your collection is made up of some offbeat theme or character then not so much.