• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pricing Comic Art - 2023 Edition
2 2

25 posts in this topic

Updated the section on characteristics that influence the price of comic art and added a new consideration: Artistic aesthetics and application. This topic and the text were suggested by our @Dr. Balls.

Added the upcoming Original Art Expo to be held in Orlando under the auspices of Bill Cox as a new point of contact.

Some minor editorial updates.

Edited by alxjhnsn

On 6/26/2023 at 7:37 PM, Mickey7 said:

Thank you for putting this together.  Lots of good information and resources here. (thumbsu

You are quite welcome. Suggestions for improvements are welcome and appreciated. Just put them on this thread and I'll see them.

Edited by alxjhnsn

On 7/12/2023 at 12:59 PM, alxjhnsn said:

@Bronty suggested that the range could be from 3% to 20% with perhaps 5% being a median.

Any more input?

Seems a requirement to have such a wide spread in establishing a FMV ratio. It's such a wide range to evaluate, as you're taking all the esoteric issues of published comic art (character, publication, artist, nostalgia, medium, cover vs interior vs splash) and now you're adding new factors like: tight vs rough sketch, paper type, thumbnail vs layout vs next-to-last draft.

On 12/29/2023 at 1:26 AM, alxjhnsn said:

Added a link to the European CAF - 2D Galleries. https://www.2dgalleries.com

https://www.2dgalleries.com/premiumoffer?lang=en

With the premium membership in 2DG you get a warning when one of your favorite artworks goes on sale.
Very useful - but dangerous function... (Got this David Petersen Mouse Guard page that way https://www.2dgalleries.com/art/petersen-david-mouse-guard-winter-1152-issue-1-page-1-107579)

I think you mean “you get a notification when one of your favorite artworks goes on sale.” But then you follow that with 

“Very useful - but dangerous function…”

So what I think you mean is that you get the notification but your wallet is sent the warning.

🙂🖼️ 🟰⚠️💶

On 12/30/2023 at 3:57 AM, John E. said:

I think you mean “you get a notification when one of your favorite artworks goes on sale.” But then you follow that with 

“Very useful - but dangerous function…”

So what I think you mean is that you get the notification but your wallet is sent the warning.

🙂🖼️ 🟰⚠️💶

Yes indeed...