• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is a curator?

30 posts in this topic

as in a museum curator?? If so, that is a person that collects and puts into categories the various items for display and items that are not on display at the present time.

as in a musemu curator. That is a person that collects and puts into catogories the various items for dispal and items that are not on display at the present time.

---btw i type fats and suck at spelling, but I think you get the idea of my response smile.gif

Yeah, kinda' what Mr. Bean was doing in the movie. He took real good care of 'em too. crazy.gif

What is a curator? I dunno confused.gif

If you are refering to a comic book that is called a Curator, then it is one of the nicest Silver Age pedigrees ever.

Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong, but from what I have read it goes like this:

A museum curator collected comics. He went and selected the best examples that he could find, both structurally and aestetically. Being a museum curator, he kept them in places that would be benefical to paper.

The result, some of the nicest Silver Age books. Great eye appeal, inks look as if they are going to drip off of the cover and bone white pages.

According to most here on this board, the Curator Ped and the Pac Coast Ped are the 2 of the top 3 Silver peds.

Curator and Pac Coast would average out as 1 and 2. Some crazies might put something else out in front of one of them, but the ginormous concensus would be that those two were leaps and bounds ahead of the rest.

Some crazies might put something else out in front of one of them

hi.gif

When asked in a thread here on the forums, I did rank White Mountain ahead of Curator, because of the incredible breadth of the White Mountain collection. The Curator books are nice, but so are the White Mountains and White Mountain stretches well back into the 50s (there are White Mountain ECs- one of the few non-Gaines source of nice copies) and well on into the 70s (Jerry recently sold a "new" batch of 70s WM books.)

(Jerry recently sold a "new" batch of 70s WM books.)

Wow, I didn't know that. Were they CGC'd, and did CGC recognize them as WM books? Link?

By "recent" I mean within the past couple of years. I could dig up the exact date if you're curious. No link, obviously.

(Jerry recently sold a "new" batch of 70s WM books.)

Wow, I didn't know that. Were they CGC'd, and did CGC recognize them as WM books? Link?

By "recent" I mean within the past couple of years. I could dig up the exact date if you're curious. No link, obviously.

What 70s books were there? Typical Marvel and DC BA books? As nice as the Western Penn and Winnipeg BAs?

Nothing really exciting. High grade, bulk, raw lots of things like Tomb of Dracula and the like. Secondary Marvel books. I'll look at my full records to see if I can dig up any particulars.

Also, alot of Gold Key. Usually NM with white pages.