• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four 33
1 1

3 posts in this topic

the greyscale background might be good at hiding little defects, but I don't see much going on. The inner covers might be starting to darken. 9.0 or better. I don't have a lot of confidence picking a NM range grade for this one. Very nice looking copy. I do really like this style cover. There's a few of them from this era using grayscale, and they're all pretty cool.

On 6/28/2023 at 9:40 PM, scburdet said:

the greyscale background might be good at hiding little defects, but I don't see much going on. The inner covers might be starting to darken. 9.0 or better. I don't have a lot of confidence picking a NM range grade for this one. Very nice looking copy. I do really like this style cover. There's a few of them from this era using grayscale, and they're all pretty cool.

Thanks, as always! I love these cover too (seems DC did more with this kind of compositing than Marvel).  I’ll try to take some brighter pics but I can’t find anything other than that teeny ding on the side of the front cover (triangular).  I recently bought a lot of silver age FF so will probably be posting more of them soon.