• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Guides for Pedigree Slabs
2 2

4 posts in this topic

I've checked for sales data/FMV info from various popular sites and apps. But I can't seem to find a source that tracks sales of CGC Gold label Pedigree slabs. Do you know of any source for this information? An example is attached. 

Brian

20230629_101535.jpg

Only GPA as has been mentioned, but even then you will be hard pressed to figure out the 'value' of pedigree books. Assume they are worth a few bucks more than same Universal grade, unless it is a book/grade people actually want; in which case us pedigree hunters will often pay through the roof (and the premium will depend on how ravenous we are that day. I've offered 3-5x GPA for some pedigree books compared to their universal equivalent but that is an edge case and you shouldn't expect as much all the time)

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 6/29/2023 at 11:43 AM, CollectorBee said:

I've checked for sales data/FMV info from various popular sites and apps. But I can't seem to find a source that tracks sales of CGC Gold label Pedigree slabs. Do you know of any source for this information? An example is attached. 

Brian

20230629_101535.jpg

GPA is your best resource.  They break out pedgree books and they have about 20 years of data.  Here's their data for this issue in higher grade.

UNI 9.4 Don Rosa Collection
--
--
--
--
$44Jun 2008

UNI 9.4 Western Penn
--
--
--
--
$78Jan 2005

UNI 9.4 Winnipeg pedigree
--
$1001
--
--
$100Jan 2022

Heritage auctions also has about 600,000 comic auctions in their archives and it's accessible if you create a free account.