• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cracking Open A Slab and At What Point Does The Book Enter The System.
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hey quick question, I sent in 2 comics.  1 raw Spider-Man #7 Spoiler variant and 1 9.6 grade Ultimate Fallout 4.  The Spider-man issue showed up in submission tracking but the Ultimate Fallout 4 did not.  Since they were in the same box that was opened, both with their respective forms and the box I had written on the initials of the intended persons to sign the two books, I was wondering when does the issue that needs to be cracked out of its case get added to the submission tracking.  Is it after it has been cracked or before? 

SPiderman ult fall out.png

Your question is hard for me to understand, but regardless I think it would make more sense to contact CGC customer service with your question.  Any answers from random internet strangers could be anecdotal, assumptions, outdated, varying, conflicting, vague, or people (like me) could have not clearly understood the question.

And if you ask cgc directly, you can give them the info for your specific order and get the more specific answer for your situation.

Makes sense.  Just wondering do they add a comic book to submission tracking before or after they crack open a slabbed comic book.  My more expensive book is not showing up in submission tracking and it was in the same box as the raw comic book that showed up on submission tracking already.  I will go ahead and send in an email, thanks for your help.

On 6/30/2023 at 1:19 PM, DoomedRook said:

Makes sense.  Just wondering do they add a comic book to submission tracking before or after they crack open a slabbed comic book.  My more expensive book is not showing up in submission tracking and it was in the same box as the raw comic book that showed up on submission tracking already.  I will go ahead and send in an email, thanks for your help.

I can tell you from experience that sometimes they wait to enter a submission depending on the artist..no idea why they wait for some but not others