• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC folded and pressed the cover of my book
6 6

44 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2023 at 7:07 PM, thehumantorch said:

I think what really bothers me most is that someone at CGC did this and was very likely aware of the damage and one or more employees likely saw this folded corner and ignored it.  It suggests a culture where some or many employees don’t own up to their mistakes and pass them on rather than get in trouble.  

Completely agree.  Typically, corporate culture flows from the top.  Not pointing fingers at anyone but that's usually the case.

Wow that is a doozy of a Quality Control slip up...  I think the QC level has dropped in the last year - I just sent a book back for 2nd ME - the first was a large, obvious scrape almost running the length of the front of the case, after the first round of ME, the same book was sent back with a medium sized scratch right in the middle of the front of the case - fingers crossed 3rd times the charm...

I think if CGC would just take a breath during the QC process - either slow down, or hire (and train) more people , they would catch 95% of these issues, including a large cover fold like yours - but it seems they would rather skimp on the QC process and just bet that the customer won't notice...

I have been away from the boards for a few years and just come back.  I am totally shocked by the amount of missteps CGC seems to be guilty of.  Also the amount of criticism levelled by board members against CGC.  Clearly many things seem to be wrong and I am saddened to see it.

Cheers, Zevgoli