• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Werewolf by night, 32 9.2-9.4?

8 posts in this topic

Yea; post it under “can you spare a grade”.

However, I will share this: buying expensive raw copies of books is REALLY risky.  You have no idea if it’s complete or not; last thing you want is to buy it at $$$ and then get a 0.5 back from CGC because something in the book was missing.

@SSSnake yea, but it’s not always easy to know every little thing that should have been there in such an old book.  Although, it would be hard to miss a story centric page 🤣.

Additionally (and primarily), you are wide open to things like cut edges or other “restorative” applications to the book.

On 7/3/2023 at 5:26 PM, Cnight said:

Yea; post it under “can you spare a grade”.

However, I will share this: buying expensive raw copies of books is REALLY risky.  You have no idea if it’s complete or not; last thing you want is to buy it at $$$ and then get a 0.5 back from CGC because something in the book was missing.

On 7/3/2023 at 6:28 PM, Cnight said:

@SSSnake yea, but it’s not always easy to know every little thing that should have been there in such an old book.  Although, it would be hard to miss a story centric page 🤣.

Additionally (and primarily), you are wide open to things like cut edges or other “restorative” applications to the book.

All good reasons why every collector should learn how to assess condition and grade raw books for themselves.  And in this pursuit, there's nothing better than practice. 

On 7/3/2023 at 2:03 PM, Saleen333 said:

Not my book I’d like to buy it he thinks it’s 9.2-9.4? Maybe but I’d like to get a few opinions only front cover sorry Thanks 

63E8526D-C06C-4F1C-97DE-9FF12CEA6AA5.jpeg

It looks pretty nice, but you never know...  hm

My advice would be to ask to have the book removed from the bag and have clear photos taken of the front and back cover. I'd also ask for photos of the centerfold and interior cover, and whether a page count has been done.

If it passes these simple tests, I'd ask what flaws the book has that the seller feels put it in the 9.2 - 9.4 range...   

I hate to be the Overly Paranoid Guy, but someone selling a multi-thousand dollar raw book doesn't take it out of the bag to photograph? That's a warning bell if I'd ever heard one.