• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-signing a pre-signed book question
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I have a non-SS TMNT signed by Laird and Eastman on the interior cover...to get a yellow label I assume I have to resubmit it for an Eastman signing. I'd prefer not to have it signed on the cover...can he just confirm it was his signature to a witness for a SS...or does he have to re-sign it? Also - how will it notated on the label since one is witnessed and the other not?

There’s no authentication process, so you’ll need a new sig

you get a yellow label with green trim

financially and aesthetically it might not be worth it, of course sentimental value might matter more to you 

On 7/4/2023 at 12:28 PM, revat said:

There’s no authentication process, so you’ll need a new sig

you get a yellow label with green trim

financially and aesthetically it might not be worth it, of course sentimental value might matter more to you 

A signature on the interior cover will just be noted on the label will it not (unless there’s bleedthrough)? I have a blue label like this which I’m pretty sure wouldn’t get the yellow/green label if signed on the cover. I don’t remember seeing a rule change with this issue.

On magazines it is a qualified signature series but with magazines there is no hybrid label (at least mine didn't get it). It is yellow BUT they state the damage on notes in the label and it is in census as qualified. 

I had a Disney magazine signed by Katherine Doctrice the actress that played Jane Banks on Mary Poppins. Had quickly bought the book form eBay and rushed it off to meet a deadline not ever noticing the damage.

I'd email CGC to see how they would label it potentially.

On 7/4/2023 at 6:07 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

On magazines it is a qualified signature series but with magazines there is no hybrid label (at least mine didn't get it). It is yellow BUT they state the damage on notes in the label and it is in census as qualified. 

I had a Disney magazine signed by Katherine Doctrice the actress that played Jane Banks on Mary Poppins. Had quickly bought the book form eBay and rushed it off to meet a deadline not ever noticing the damage.

Here is an example of this on one of my magazines.

LR1 SS.jpeg

On 7/4/2023 at 5:07 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Ok, I forgot that early TMNTs are magazines. The slab above has an unwitnessed signature on the cover which is different than what the OP and I are referring to. Are you saying that an unwitnessed signature on the interior cover paired with a witnessed signature on the front cover of a magazine will be classified as Qualified on the census but still get an all yellow label?

On 7/5/2023 at 2:04 AM, DocGo said:

Ok, I forgot that early TMNTs are magazines. The slab above has an unwitnessed signature on the cover which is different than what the OP and I are referring to. Are you saying that an unwitnessed signature on the interior cover paired with a witnessed signature on the front cover of a magazine will be classified as Qualified on the census but still get an all yellow label?

20230531_224226.thumb.jpg.1fd6fc45d694613cb13e9f3ccc650453.jpg20230531_224235.thumb.jpg.b6c64a522c25b02368debf1f368f625b.jpg20230531_224259.thumb.jpg.613a703b9ac80b45966698aee37eb11d.jpg

I had a bunch of Thor God of Thunder books signed by Jason Aaron that were not witnessed so the next time when I saw him before I deployed, I handed them to him and he added a few words to a couple of them witnessed by CGC and all 24 were submitted and received the SS label