• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Grade Is In!* PGM Batman #423
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Some non-CB ticks front cover and a small 1/4 finger bend on left edge of the BC that is also non-CB and should press out. Rough cut back cover but that’s pretty typical of this book and even shows up in 9.8’s regularly.

Biggest issue on this book is a micro tear on the middle left edge of the front cover, where the front cover overlaps. It’s kinda hard to see but is visible in the full FC picture. Definitely micro—maybe 1/2 mm. That said, I don’t really know what to do with that, grade-wise, which is why I’m posting it here. Would love thoughts!

Everything else good—high gloss, sharp corners, no staple stress or scratches, blacks are clean. Of course always possible I missed something. Thanks for looking!

IMG_5924.jpeg

IMG_5925.jpeg

IMG_5926.jpeg

IMG_5927.jpeg

IMG_5928.jpeg

IMG_5932.jpeg

IMG_5933.jpeg

IMG_5934.jpeg

IMG_5936.jpeg

IMG_5937.jpeg

Edited by Nsschenks

Thought this had a chance at 9.8 (looks wayyy cleaner than the Swamp Thing 37 I also just got back at 9.6...), but 9.6 feels right. The light finger bend on the BC completely pressed out, and the micro tear I mentioned I can barely see now that the overlapping bend is flat (more like a faint nick). Imagine this got knocked for the 3-4 small non-color-breaking ticks on the FC that were probably too close to the spine to press out. I don't like playing the re-sub game, but this is the first book I've gotten back where I think it could be worthwhile...then again that feels like a lot of energy lol. Nothing wrong with a really clean 9.6!

BM423.jpg