• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions about CGC Comic Newton Ring Restoration
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hello
I would like to ask, because my CGC comics have Newton rings, my eyes are very uncomfortable, so I followed the online tutorial to fix it.
But after the restoration, I began to worry about whether it would affect the preservation and quality of the manga.
Because I heard that the cgc box is full of nitrogen, if I pry it open a little, will it affect the preservation of the comic?

• Administrator

Hello @NickXDD

Thank you for reaching out. CGC holders are not filled with any gases nor are they guaranteed to be airtight. To ensure that your books remain in the best condition, they should be stored properly. Storage in moderate temperatures or humidity is best for preserving the condition of your books. We do not recommend attempting to pry open your comic holders as this can potentially damage the holder, and the book, and if the sealed holder is not intact the certification may be deemed invalid. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 7/16/2023 at 10:22 PM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @NickXDD

Thank you for reaching out. CGC holders are not filled with any gases nor are they guaranteed to be airtight. To ensure that your books remain in the best condition, they should be stored properly. Storage in moderate temperatures or humidity is best for preserving the condition of your books. We do not recommend attempting to pry open your comic holders as this can potentially damage the holder, and the book, and if the sealed holder is not intact the certification may be deemed invalid. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Thank you for your reply. Your reply makes me feel better. I will not touch my cgc slab.