• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kevin Eastman - Not on Private Signing Menu?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I checked yesterday and today and do not see an option to submit books for Kevin Eastman, although it's promoted on CGC's blog.

image.png.6483382138ca870b89d478783fa47515.png

Unless I'm going blind? 🤔

Hoping to submit two books for this great event and drop off at SDCC 🙏

On 7/14/2023 at 6:36 PM, Mewie said:

I checked yesterday and today and do not see an option to submit books for Kevin Eastman, although it's promoted on CGC's blog.

image.png.6483382138ca870b89d478783fa47515.png

Unless I'm going blind? 🤔

Hoping to submit two books for this great event and drop off at SDCC 🙏

Stupid question.  If you're dropping off books at SDCC, why not just go meet Kev and have him sign them there?  (His reps are witnesses so you can still submit for Sig Series).  That way you get to actually meet Kev too.

On 7/14/2023 at 5:48 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Stupid question.  If you're dropping off books at SDCC, why not just go meet Kev and have him sign them there?  (His reps are witnesses so you can still submit for Sig Series).  That way you get to actually meet Kev too.

Appreciate you answering my question although I think you're being a bit unkind.

I joined this community last year and only submitted books once so far for Signature Series - so this is still very new to me. At the last SDCC, I was instructed to fill out submission form when dropping off the books. I assumed I had to do the same thing – get it submitted and printed so that when I drop off the books, it's easier for the CGC rep to process. The same instructions apply here on the Kevin Eastman announcement: https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/11898/Kevin-Eastman-SDCC-Signing/

Edited by Mewie

On 7/14/2023 at 9:19 PM, Mewie said:

Appreciate you answering my question although I think you're being a bit unkind.

I joined this community last year and only submitted books once so far for Signature Series - so this is still very new to me. At the last SDCC, I was instructed to fill out submission form when dropping off the books. I assumed I had to do the same thing – get it submitted and printed so that when I drop off the books, it's easier for the CGC rep to process. The same instructions apply here on the Kevin Eastman announcement: https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/11898/Kevin-Eastman-SDCC-Signing/

There’s two different things going on. You can have CGC take care of everything in private or you can take care of it yourself.

If you go the private route, you drop your books off at cgc along with your form and then Cgc takes them all with them to Kevin who sits down and signs or signs and remarks depending on what you paid and which service you selected. Then the books are handed back to cgc, they grade and encapsulate them, and mail them back to you. You pay $90 or $130 plus shipping. And done. 6-8 weeks later you see it finished. Other option is that Kevin is at sdcc. You take your books you go to his booth, you tell his handlers that you want Cgc sig series. You fill out the paperwork they give you (which is just a paper version of the online form) you go through his (usually long lol) line and meet Kevin, get to talk to him, shake hand, take a picture etc. see him sign your books or remark them. Then his crew takes your books and they drop them off at Cgc for you. You pay kevin (usually idk his sdcc prices) $20 or $40 for a remark per book. And his team charges you for the Cgc fees which i think is like $50-80 depending on what you’re submitting. 

so you’d get the same service, possibly pay a little less, and get to meet Kevin as well.