• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Follower's Report on the Rose City Vintage Market - 7-15-23
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Thanks to a timely reminder from my friend @Robot Man, I visited the Rose City Vintage Market this morning at the Portland Expo Center. This included both indoor displays in one of the giant halls as well as an outdoor "flea market."  Like last year, there was a relatively small number of things I was looking to buy, and most of those were aggressively priced.  However, I did pick up these Cheerios mini-comic giveaways from the early 1950s to add to others I recently bought from @GACollectibles.

Disney Cereal Giveaways - 3.jpg

I'll post a series of pictures of some of the interesting things I saw.  There was lots of great Beatles and Disney memorabilia none of which I saw fit to take a picture of.  This included a partial book of 1955 Disneyland ride tickets and a ticket to a "special preview showing" of A Hard Day's Night in London.

RCVM23 - 1.jpg

RCVM23 - 2.jpg

RCVM23 - 3.jpg

Edited by MattTheDuck

It's a nice show and seemed pretty well attended but certainly not overly crowded.  I did walk through the outdoor section but there was really nothing there of interest - to me anyway.  Well worth the short drive.  The only objection I have, really, is paying $12 to park, so along with the $25 "early bird" entry you're in $37 before you get on the floor.

RCVM - 16.jpg

Thanks Matt. I really miss the hey day of this show. I understand it’s a lot smaller than it used to be. I always found the prices considerably lower than LA, NY or Chicago. I have always come home with a nice pile of stuff and a fun little vacation. My buddy from down here always does this show. He is everywhere in there. He might have scored some comics.

I just got home from Torpedo. Saw so many pretty books my eyes are still rolling like a slot machine.