• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain Miracle #1 1960 Mick Anglo Comic
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Captain Miracle #1 self-published by Mick Anglo as Anglo Features in 1960. Precursor to Miracleman.

Found this in a long box and other than information about its history from sites like Wikipedia, I can't find any for sale or historical values.

Hard to believe it's a unicorn so anyone have any idea on relative scarcity and value?  Nothing online to base it on so all insight appreciated.  No ebay listings or priors for any issue in the short-lived run.

TIA.

Poly

comics.jpg

comics 1.jpg

It is not a unicorn, but also not that common. When I purchased a copy of Captain Miracle a year ago I had to pay £12 to win it which was more than i wanted to spend. Perhaps prices might have increased slightly. There were a few other titles produced by Mick Anglo himself in 1960/1961 too. As you say he later produced Miracleman comics for Thorpe and Porter in 1965 and packaged strips for City's TV Tornado in 1967. Mick was busy with comics magazines and books throughout the late 1940s, 1950s and 1960s.

https://www.comics.org/publisher/3528/

These are currently for sale on eBay.

tvfeatures.thumb.jpg.f67dba7fb6fdc9b78145090ff1b58b0f.jpg

gunhawks.thumb.jpg.45145b8c3d6729ff6ad6e32528dd66aa.jpg

Edited by themagicrobot

On 7/17/2023 at 9:37 AM, themagicrobot said:

It is not a unicorn, but also not that common. When I purchased a copy of Captain Miracle a year ago I had to pay £12 to win it which was more than i wanted to spend. Perhaps prices might have increased slightly. There were a few other titles produced by Mick Anglo himself in 1960/1961 too. As you say he later produced Miracleman comics for Thorpe and Porter in 1965 and packaged strips for City's TV Tornado in 1967. Mick was busy with comics magazines and books throughout the late 1940s, 1950s and 1960s.

https://www.comics.org/publisher/3528/

These are currently for sale on eBay.

tvfeatures.thumb.jpg.f67dba7fb6fdc9b78145090ff1b58b0f.jpg

gunhawks.thumb.jpg.45145b8c3d6729ff6ad6e32528dd66aa.jpg

Great insight.  Thank you.  Just what I was looking for.  

On 7/17/2023 at 1:19 AM, Polyphemus2 said:

Captain Miracle #1 self-published by Mick Anglo as Anglo Features in 1960. Precursor to Miracleman.

Found this in a long box and other than information about its history from sites like Wikipedia, I can't find any for sale or historical values.

Hard to believe it's a unicorn so anyone have any idea on relative scarcity and value?  Nothing online to base it on so all insight appreciated.  No ebay listings or priors for any issue in the short-lived run.

TIA.

Poly

comics.jpg

comics 1.jpg

They’re quite rare but not impossible, I’d say. There’s a whole realm of Miracleman/Marvelman-adjacent titles that are undervalued that a few folks out there (ahem) are happy to pick up when opportunity strikes. Nice going!