• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi, I just found some of my old comics & Idk anything about grading. I was hoping to get some opinions on possible pre. & post pressing grade. TY

4 posts in this topic

Hi, welcome to the boards. Please take a look at the rules & guidelines for posting in this forum. Books should be out of their bags so that boardies can get the best look at them. The other thing is, this forum has become a valuable resource to refer back to, so it's really helpful if the thread bears the title and number of the comic you want appraised. Thanks! Your book here is a likely 6.5 or 7.0 at the max, since the spine stresses are pretty bad in places.

On 7/17/2023 at 4:25 PM, Johnny Doe said:

Only flaws I can see are the spine ticks near the top left corner.

This is not meant to be an insult, but your inability to see more subtle blemishes/defects that count against the grade will be a continuing problem.  Here are just a few of the other flaws present on this book:

• a thumb crease above the TH in the title logo.
  • additional surface imperfections (light handling wrinkles) on the back cover.
  • deep transverse creases at the top & bottom legs of the bottom staple (extending onto the back cover).

If you're truly interested in learning how to grade, consider purchasing and studying the recently-published Official CGC Guide (and then practicing with books others post in this forum).  Good luck!  :foryou: