• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Adventure into fear 13
2 2

16 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2023 at 8:21 AM, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

If you don't mind me asking.....How do you know for sure the book has never been read ? Did you buy it off the rack yourself and take it home and never read it ? Do you see any issues with the book ? It looks amazing .....9.4

The original owner had a friend that worked at a magazine distribution company. And he could buy comics at 10c each before they were sent out to news stands and he never read them just bought them. And he'd buy multiples of the same issue and just put them in a box.

There were 3 copies of this issue and I picked out one that didn't have a stacking curl. He has brought in 6 copies of Strange Tales 169 and has brought in also 10 copies of Green Lantern 87. He'd buy a couple and at times 5, 10, 20 and sometimes 100 copies of a single issue.

Also when I opened the book the pages were still stuck together in some places by the gripper holes in the news print.

Anyone that ever bought news print comics off the news stand know exactly what I mean.

That's how I know definitely that this book and the other high grade copies of Bronze I've posted recently from the same collection have never been read.

Including the two books from the same collection I gave out to forum members.

The only issue I can see is the color breaking crease top right hand corner on the front cover. 

So no pressing, cleaning, starching or getting it blessed by the Pope will get this book into a grade higher then 9.4

Edited by southern cross
Typo

On 7/19/2023 at 12:13 PM, southern cross said:

Also when I opened the book the pages were still stuck together in some places by the gripper holes in the news print.

@southern cross (worship) sent me a book a couple of weeks back also reportedly from a distributor. The pages were likewise stuck together at the gripper holes. Amazing for a 50 year old book. I had to stop thumbing through it because I didn't want to separate all the pages.

On 7/19/2023 at 1:13 PM, southern cross said:

The original owner had a friend that worked at a magazine distribution company. And he could buy comics at 10c each before they were sent out to news stands and he never read them just bought them. And he'd buy multiples of the same issue and just put them in a box.

There were 3 copies of this issue and I picked out one that didn't have a stacking curl. He has brought in 6 copies of Strange Tales 169 and has brought in also 10 copies of Green Lantern 87. He'd buy a couple and at times 5, 10, 20 and sometimes 100 copies of a single issue.

Anyone that ever bought news print comics off the news stand know exactly what I mean.

That's how I know definitely that this book and the other high grade copies of Bronze I've posted recently from the same collection have never been read.

Including the two books from the same collection I gave out to forum members.

The only issue I can see is the color breaking crease top right hand corner on the front cover. 

So no pressing, cleaning, starching or getting it blessed by the Pope will get this book into a grade higher then 9.4

That's a great story........luv Comic Book stories like this.....

On 7/20/2023 at 9:46 PM, southern cross said:
On 7/20/2023 at 6:45 PM, DR.X said:

Maybe it's the way this copy is laying, but whats going on at the top right corner?

top right edge (2).jpg

Expand  

That's is the very tiny corner crease on the edge that breaks color.

I was referring to the way the tip of the corner seems raised or curled up. Maybe it's just the way the book is laying.