• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone get a little action on tonight's HA? (7/19)

26 posts in this topic

Like the crazy ex-girlfriend you swear you'll never call again at 2am - I went back to Heritage despite my previous whining about the high BP - and got a little action! :banana:

I was watching the Sleepwalker pages (2 lots) - someone picked eight nice 90’s pages for $50-$60 each. (Assuming the same bidder chased both lots)

I picked up a piece from an artist I thought I’d never land, so I was pretty stoked with that.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 7/19/2023 at 10:09 PM, tth2 said:

I was the underbidder on 2 items that I wasn't even trying all that hard for.  So apparently there were some weak prices.

I can't say for sure, but I was hoping that the piece I was bidding on would suffer a bit from people being at SDCC. It always feels like that could be a factor - but who knows. I was a bit surprised that I didn't have as much of a fight as I thought I was going to have on my item.

On 7/20/2023 at 8:11 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I can't say for sure, but I was hoping that the piece I was bidding on would suffer a bit from people being at SDCC. It always feels like that could be a factor - but who knows. I was a bit surprised that I didn't have as much of a fight as I thought I was going to have on my item.

Good point! 

On 7/20/2023 at 10:25 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Definitely something at play during yesterday’s auction as most of my Xmen consignments sold for a 50% discount, and the Luke Ross captain America page sold for an underwhelming $18.  :boo:

I set up some half-hearted proxy bids but was otherwise preoccupied at SDCC Preview Night. 

I was at the Donnellys booth and Rich was actively bidding on the auction while I was there, though. hm 

I feel I paid a fair price, possibly a little under for this Jim Lee DC cover from 2006 - I think the factor in that final price was a lesser amount of people cruising the auction.

Screen Shot 2023-07-20 at 9.45.31 AM.png

On 7/20/2023 at 9:52 AM, grapeape said:

I'll see friends. I'll see foe. I'll see art. I'll spend dough.

If I ever go to a convention, that is 100% my mantra.

On 7/20/2023 at 8:52 AM, grapeape said:

Getting ready to enter the gates of hell. I'll see friends. I'll see foe. I'll see art. I'll spend dough. They'll ask, "whatcha got there?" I'll hug my portfolio tight replying, " nothing for YOU to markup and resell," then disappear.

You guys think I'm kidding.

IMG_3863.thumb.jpeg.55cf5ffece101207e31176ad2ef52713.jpeg

On 7/20/2023 at 12:58 PM, grapeape said:

Jeepers Creepers. 😱 Michael jeez there are children here. lolIMG_3865.thumb.jpeg.2751d578f533f76f065256122450edca.jpeg

Who is that? And god bless him for rocking a full head of hair!

Mike Carbonaro - founder of the Big Apple Comic Con.  Formerly, the "church show" in a church basement, which started as the "show must go on" show when the Great Eastern Conventions show was cancelled at the last minute.  He's a familiar face at all the east coast comic shows.  Actually, in the pic above, he sporting a more conservative appearance.