• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Indiana Comic Book Show Nov 11th 2023

30 posts in this topic

This is our 5th show coming up. We are located in Evansville, IN at Washington Square Mall. We have 19 dealers 
that will have books from GA all the way to modern. The mall has plenty of space so unlike some hotel or event shows
there is plenty of room to walk around and look at dealer tables. Admission is free and we usually have around 300+ in 
attendance and would like more. This is a pure comic book show. Some of the dealers will carry Pops and Toys as well, 
but it's billed as a Comic Book Show. 

I am long time board member who got very tired of driving hours to cons paying admission and not knowing how many dealers
would be at the show, what type of inventory they will be bringing, or even how many dealers would be there.  It got boiled over
one year when I went to a Comic Con and there were 3 comic book dealers at the show, but plenty of T-shirt vendors. 

We have solved that for you. You know months ahead how many dealers are there and we also detail their inventory when we
get close to the show on our Facebook page. Plan on spending hours here. I've built a show from the ground up that I am very 
proud and I think any comic book fan will enjoy. I am actively marketing in Nashville, St. Louis and Louisville areas so if you live
in those areas and was some flyers send me message. 

Dealers I keep a wait list if you are interested and I can answer all your questions via Message, but my turnaround is very low 
currently. I usually only have 2 to 3 open spots per show. Facebook link below is for the public page. Come out and enjoy the 
show in November. 

(3) Southern Indiana Comic Book Show | Facebook

image.thumb.png.be174d746b08b58259e20c4e83af8ad0.png

You have done an amazing job brother. The fact that I live directly in Evansville makes it a lot easier for me to attend a show that close. I found some gems last time, hopefully I can continue my hunt by finding some goodies I need in my collection. 

:whee:will probably be bringing some original Star Wars action figures and sets along with comics this time

Edited by Azkaban

On 7/20/2023 at 1:14 AM, RayJr said:

You have done an amazing job brother. The fact that I live directly in Evansville makes it a lot easier for me to attend a show that close. I found some gems last time, hopefully I can continue my hunt by finding some goodies I need in my collection. 

Thank you.

Its funny when I started I had to hunt down dealers to come to show and now I have waiting list that is growing. 
I was more worriedabout dealers at least making some money as I was just breaking even on first show. I was
tickled pink when I had 50 FB members for the group page lol.

On 7/20/2023 at 8:31 PM, fastballspecial said:

Thank you.

Its funny when I started I had to hunt down dealers to come to show and now I have waiting list that is growing. 
I was more worriedabout dealers at least making some money as I was just breaking even on first show. I was
tickled pink when I had 50 FB members for the group page lol.

Well I need to make sure I link up with you to actually put a name to a face. Looking forward to November’s show 

I am happy to announce CM2 Collectibles will be joining the show as a submitter for both CGC and the 
other company that shall not be named. On the Facebook page you can see the pricing info for both companies. 
I am attaching CGC here and the other company you can see on the facebook site. You can contact them 
directly on their facebook page here as well. CM2 COLLECTIBLES

cgc.JPG

Edited by fastballspecial

On 9/20/2023 at 9:11 PM, fastballspecial said:

I am happy to announce CM2 Collectibles will be joining the show as a submitter for both CGC and the 
other company that shall not be named. On the Facebook page you can see the pricing info for both companies. 
I am attaching CGC here and the other company you can see on the facebook site. You can contact them 
directly on their facebook page here as well. CM2 COLLECTIBLES

cgc.JPG

That is awesome. what are the fees if you have a CGC account though?

On 8/1/2023 at 4:37 PM, fastballspecial said:

New Flyer for shops out of town for their shop window. Local artist did a bang up job on it.

362949712_825049298999398_2019068158129947324_n.thumb.jpg.901f0d28e54cabc125a7514459d3aa47.jpg

(6) Southern Indiana Comic Book Show | Facebook

Don't forget to create an event listing for each show on the community events calendar here (https://boards.cgccomics.com/events/).

There's currently only one event listed for all of November and it's on the West Coast. First rule of marketing: Leverage ALL free promotional resources. :grin:

You might also consider trying to partner somehow with https://www.comicsinaflash.com/ (unless I'm the only one who nearly fainted upon discovering there's a presser in Evansville). Working out a way for people to be able to drop off stuff to be pressed at a show could be win-win for everybody, especially when the presser is local.

Just hope I'm able to make it to a show before you get too big and all the deals get snatched up. lol

On 9/21/2023 at 10:23 AM, SlabSeeker said:

Don't forget to create an event listing for each show on the community events calendar here (https://boards.cgccomics.com/events/).

There's currently only one event listed for all of November and it's on the West Coast. First rule of marketing: Leverage ALL free promotional resources. :grin:

You might also consider trying to partner somehow with https://www.comicsinaflash.com/ (unless I'm the only one who nearly fainted upon discovering there's a presser in Evansville). Working out a way for people to be able to drop off stuff to be pressed at a show could be win-win for everybody, especially when the presser is local.

Just hope I'm able to make it to a show before you get too big and all the deals get snatched up. lol

Tony says he is too busy to be a submitter at the show. I have tried for the last several shows to get him
to do it so I had to go elsewhere. I advertise everywhere I am sure I can add it.

On 9/21/2023 at 6:35 PM, fastballspecial said:

Tony says he is too busy to be a submitter at the show. I have tried for the last several shows to get him
to do it so I had to go elsewhere. I advertise everywhere I am sure I can add it.

I guess I can offer my old school pressing services --- 

iron.jpg

world book.jpg

Interestingly the local mall I do my show at now has a local public library set up in it. They are renovating
the local library down the street so now I have additional foot traffic for our shows for the next year. :whee:

EVPL McCollough to temporary close for renovations (14news.com)