• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do collections ever get sold by 'lot'
2 2

23 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2023 at 2:47 AM, thehumantorch said:

Welcome to the boards.  Thanks for the list, it does help. 

A pretty typical collection from this era.  Mostly books with little value and the occasional win.  If you were to pull the best 20-30 books and list the rest on craig's list or a local auction site for $30 or $40.  Get rid of the stuff that's not desirable and focus on what does have value.

The early Amazing Spider-mans and the Hulk 110 have a bit of value, even in low grade as does any old superhero book -12 cent cover price- published by Marvel or DC.  Amazing Spider-mans between issue 100 and issue 200 have a bit of value if in decent shape.  The TMNT have a bit of value because the characters are iconic.  Wolverine #1.  Spider-man 1 1990, Aliens.  Xmen 116 and 118 and perhaps a few more out of that group.  The real value in your collection is the Mcfarlene Amazing Spider-mans from 298 up, especially #300.  The New Mutants 87 is also fairly valuable.  I'm sure I missed a few as I just scanned the list.

If you could put up pics in the grading forum of ASM 298, 299, 300, 316 and New Mutants 87

This is a pretty good assessment. 

I don't collect to many books from this era, so there are likely ones I missed. But as I looked through the list, the books @thehumantorch mentioned are exactly what stood out to me. 

As for what you should have graded, I think the 2 copies of ASM300 for sure.  The 298 / 299 and NM87 are probably worth it as long as they fall into the NM / NM+ range.  Some of the other ones are boarder line, but given the up front cost and hassle, I probably wouldn't. 

We can help determine the projected grade with clear pictures of the front and back cover.  

One word of caution. If you take them out of the bag for pictures, be mindful of the tape from the bag, snagging the cover. It's happened to the best! Good luck 

Welcome to the Boards! :banana:

Sorry about your husband. :frown:

There are good people here with great advice. :cheers:
I wish you good luck in getting top dollar :wishluck:

And for the rest of us, this is a great reminder to keep our collection organized. :foryou:

On 7/26/2023 at 11:47 PM, thehumantorch said:

If you could put up pics in the grading forum of ASM 298, 299, 300, 316 and New Mutants 87

I put one of the 300's (it's signed by McFarlane on the inside) and the NM in the grading forum. I can do the rest two at a time each day so as not to overwhelm it with my neediness.