• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Loki 1
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

Just received this book a short while before this post, and after examining it, I unfortunately found multiple defects between the front and back covers. I am asking what grade you think it would receive in its current state and whether or not pressing would help at all, and by how much if so. I have tried to include photos of the defects as best I can in addition to general photos.  

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! 

IMG_7790.jpeg

IMG_7791.jpeg

IMG_7792.jpeg

IMG_7793.jpeg

IMG_7794.jpeg

IMG_7795.jpeg

IMG_7796.jpeg

IMG_7797.jpeg

IMG_7798.jpeg

IMG_7799.jpeg

IMG_7800.jpeg

IMG_7786.jpeg

IMG_7787.jpeg

IMG_7788.jpeg

IMG_7785.jpeg

IMG_7789.jpeg

The indention across the forehead looks like the biggest issue to me. Some of that little stuff might press, I think that indention is going to be hard to fix. I think that will make the other little defects less impactful. I'd max out at 9.0/9.2, but it could go lower. If you bought it, I'd probably try and return. I wouldn't invest the money in grading a book this new with those kind of defects.

On 7/25/2023 at 4:34 PM, scburdet said:

The indention across the forehead looks like the biggest issue to me. Some of that little stuff might press, I think that indention is going to be hard to fix. I think that will make the other little defects less impactful. I'd max out at 9.0/9.2, but it could go lower. If you bought it, I'd probably try and return. I wouldn't invest the money in grading a book this new with those kind of defects.

Thanks for the advice! I did sent an email to the seller/store, but unfortunately they generally have a “no returns” policy. However, they do say that if the condition of the book does not match what they stated it as (NM in this case) that I could contact them about it. 

On 7/25/2023 at 6:46 PM, Atlantafan21 said:

“no returns”

If it's ebay, there's really no such thing as a no returns policy within the the 30 day purchase window. Ebay will step in if you file and the seller won't help resolve.

On 7/25/2023 at 4:51 PM, scburdet said:

If it's ebay, there's really no such thing as a no returns policy within the the 30 day purchase window. Ebay will step in if you file and the seller won't help resolve.

I actually bought from a comic store, in this case Midtown Comics. I'm not sure if you or anyone else would have experience attempting a return due to a damaged comic with them, but if you or anyone else has, any comment would be appreciated as well!