• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books not mentioned by Overstreet despite being slabbed by CGC!
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I thought it might be cool to recognize books not mentioned in Overstreet despite being slabbed by CGC!  I was reminded of this book, Popeye Goes Duck Hunting #nn (Whitman, 1937).  Unless I'm mistaken, it did not appear in Overstreet (at least as of the 2022 edition) despite there being ONE book on the CGC census.  Not surprisingly, there's no GPA entry yet, until that sole slab owner decides to part with it in a tracked venue.  

image.thumb.jpeg.dcac245973a52271b327f57b50e4e5f2.jpeg

Edited by Pantodude

I’m not worried about it, just pointing it out.   I can see why they may wish to keep the guide US books only.     Although a limited and probably gold/silver only foreign section would be cool too

And here's another plat Whitman that's not in the Plat section.  Surprising, as Donald Duck #978 (Whitman Publishing Co., 1935) is not entirely unknown to the hobby.  Indeed, quite remarkable (and unforgetable) considering its unusually large dimenions (9.5 x 13!) and heavy, linen-like paper!

image.thumb.jpeg.dd01985583f1fb4de5d5d4d01e72559a.jpeg

Edited by Pantodude