• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signed ASM 5.5 or 8.0 newsstand?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Sorry, sure.

I was looking at both an ASM 300 grade 5.5 Signature series and an unsigned grade 8.0 Newsstand; and I was just wondering whether people valued the grade or the TM signature, and which people might choose if given the option. I prefer the signed version as I just enjoy collecting, and was wondering what others thought.

On 7/27/2023 at 1:08 PM, FJay77 said:

Sorry, sure.

I was looking at both an ASM 300 grade 5.5 Signature series and an unsigned grade 8.0 Newsstand; and I was just wondering whether people valued the grade or the TM signature, and which people might choose if given the option. I prefer the signed version as I just enjoy collecting, and was wondering what others thought.

As a Signature Series guy myself, for the same price, I'd probably rather have an 8.0 of that issue. 2c

Probably depends on the price?

of course you’re  new, but in your initial post you left out price, issue, and who is signing.  And maybe your motivations.

For future reference those are fairly key factors.  Making it easy for folks to help you.  The more info you provide up front the better answers you get.

probably go blue in this case with the information provided so far

Generally speaking, there are more people who collect universal labels than signature series. So I think you'll have a bigger market with universal. 

Given the grade discrepancy and all things being equal, I would take the 8.0 all day. 

If both books were the same grade,  a Todd signed ASM300 would go for more.  

I would also consider saving for awhile and trying to score a higher grade copy (if possible).  

Good luck.