• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
2 2

106 posts in this topic

Ms. Marvel 5 8.5 (Bright & glossy; light spine & edge wear, mainly right top edge fc with crnr blunting; light to mod cb spine stress, some hidden in whites; mainly ncb fold bl crnr bc; otherwise not much wrong with this book, just imo shy of 9.0; light foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is OW) $10.00

MsMarvel-5-fc.jpg

MsMarvel-5-bc.jpg

Incredible Hulk 188 8.5 (Bright with strong colours & superior gloss; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly r-edge fc, incl a sm ncb ding to right of "Death" in word bubble & ncb overhang folds lower r-edge fc; light cb spine stress; faint horizontal printing defect line thru middle of fc; sm cb left center fc under "will" in left word bubble; crnr blunting; note there are long, faint, entirely ncb shallow vertical folds running adjacent to top half of spine fc, which I believe are production, as the interior cvr shows no corresponding folds and therefore this may relate to the heavy black inks, so I am not including it as wear, but it is there and not visible in scan; light foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is CR-OW) $10.00 SOLD

Hulk-188-fc.jpg

Hulk-188-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

On 8/3/2023 at 9:42 AM, crassus said:

Incredible Hulk 188 8.5 (Bright with strong colours & superior gloss; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly r-edge fc, incl a sm ncb ding to right of "Death" in word bubble & ncb overhang folds lower r-edge fc; light cb spine stress; faint horizontal printing defect line thru middle of fc; sm cb left center fc under "will" in left word bubble; crnr blunting; note there are long, faint, entirely ncb shallow vertical folds running adjacent to top half of spine fc, which I believe are production, as the interior cvr shows no corresponding folds and therefore this may relate to the heavy black inks, so I am not including it as wear, but it is there and not visible in scan; light foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is CR-OW) $10.00

Hulk-188-fc.jpg

Hulk-188-bc.jpg

:takeit:

Secret Hearts 92 5.5 (Bright & glossy; note: cf is detached at btm staple, top staple and cover firmly attached; light to mod spine & edge wear; mod cb spine stress; stacking transfer fc along spine; faint light partial cb crses ur & br crnrs fc; light tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is OW-W) $25.00 SOLD

SH-92-fc.jpg

SH-92-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Buzzy 40 2.5 (Bright with still some gloss & reflectivity; I had thought this was maybe incomplete, but GCD says 44 pages, and so there are 10 on either side of staple, plus the covers, didn't know that, so you learn something every day; a low grade reader, beat but complete, major defects are obvious in scans, 2 big pieces out r-edge fc with smaller tears and dog ears etc; bigger chunk out ul crnr bc that also impacts last 3 interior pages, but not the art; several other pages have corners torn out but none impact art; so its a serviceable reader, all firmly attached, staples clean, smells fresh and clean with no caffeine, PQ is OW, another wackadoodle 50s teenager...how many are there exactly? At any rate this one is pretty nutty and) Claimed

Buzzy-40-fc.jpg

Buzzy-40-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Ok I'm going to lunch and I'll try and figure out today if there are any more books coming, stay tuned, I'm always happy to hear offers, and many thanks to everyone for taking a look :smile:

On 8/3/2023 at 9:01 AM, crassus said:

Wonder Woman 216 7.5 (Bright & glossy; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly top & left edges bc, incl cb thumb crses & ncb folds; this & light to mod cb spine stress is what determined grade; otherwise presents as vf+; light ncb surface wear; light ink transfer bc; PQ is OW-W) $10.00

WW-216-fc.jpg

WW-216-bc.jpg

take

On 7/27/2023 at 11:20 AM, crassus said:

Heart Throbs 132 5.0 (Bright with average gloss; all firmly attached but slight discolouration on staples; book has very slight gritty feel, likely due to humidity; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly thumb crse with sm tear left edge bc; reader's crses left center fc; major defect here is light to mod foxing fc & more so bc and interior cvrs; PQ is CR-OW ) $15.00

HT-132-fc.jpg

HT-132-bc.jpg

:takeit: add this and I'll claim the Buzzy! 👍

On 8/3/2023 at 12:54 PM, southern cross said:

:takeit: add this and I'll claim the Buzzy! 👍

Heart Throbs 132 added to your pile, by rule the Buzzy freebie goes to Jonathan who posted just before you, but please see my PM as I have something for you I think you'll like :foryou:

Jumbo 33 4.0 (Bright with still good gloss & reflectivity; all firmly attached, staples clean; mod cb spine & edge wear, incl a 1/2" spine split with sm chip out btm spine; the major defect is a long diagonal crse fc running from ul down to the right edge in the area of the elephant's tusk; smaller cb crses ur & br crnr fc and bl crnr bc; the white patches to the left next to the "J" and the "C" in title, as well as those around the "B" are some kind of transfer, a "foreign substance" as CGC calls it, so not moisture stains, as they do not show on the interior cvrs; otherwise surface wear, light stains, soiling etc fc and bc, sm tears on some interior pages all consistent with grade; light to mod tanning interior cvrs; PQ is a bit nicer than OW) $300.00

Jumbo-33-fc.jpg

Jumbo-33-bc.jpg

Jumbo 39 5.0 (Bright with reduced gloss but still some reflectivity; all firmly attached, sm rust spots btm staple at cf, but no stains or migration, and top staple otherwise clean; structurally better but major defect here is the impact of moisture stains of some kind, visible left top edge fc, and more pronounced along the top of the bc; mod cb spine & edge wear, mainly top edge fc & a faint cb thumb crse r-edge fc next to her lovely toes tucked under those luscious thighs....OMG :x...concentrate...concentrate...light to mod cb spine stress; faint cb crses ur crnr fc; cb crse ul crnr bc; light to mod tanning interior cvrs; mod ink transfer bc; PQ is CR-OW) $300.00

Jumbo-39-fc.jpg

Jumbo-39-bc.jpg

Jumbo 50 5.0 (Bright & glossy; single staple book, all attached, v tiny spots of discolouration on staple but no rust, otherwise clean; main defect is mod to heavy cb spine wear, incl sm spine tears, & a 1/4" x 1/8" hole in the back cover near the lower spine visible in scan if you look to the right of the orange "Big Free Offer--Send no Money" and what determined the grade; otherwise wear consistent with a 6.0ish book; blunted & abraided crnrs, especially bl crnr bc; sm cb crnr crses; mod cb spine stress; thumb crses top & btm edges bc; light cb & ncb surface wear consistent with grade; note pencil arrival date ul fc; mod tanning interior cvrs; mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is CR-OW) $275.00

Jumbo-50-fc.jpg

Jumbo-50-bc.jpg

Jumbo 81 Apparent 7.0 (Restored; a sm roughly 1/2" triangular piece has been added using tape with colour touch ur crnr fc; suspicion book has also been trimmed, top &/or btm edge, not 100% sure about that as book is otherwise correct dimensions but I am selling this on the assumption it has been trimmed; would otherwise be a lovely copy; Bright & glossy; single staple book, firmly attached, staple clean; light spine & edge wear, only faint cb thumb crses top & btm edges bc; major conventional wear is a faint cb impact top spine leaving a mainly ncb crse fc, but a harder cb crse bc; sm piece of tape also interior cvr top spine, maybe closing a sm spine split, but not 100% certain its purpose; sm pencil "B" ul fc on Sheena's arm; sm faint partial cb crses br crnr fc; faint partial cb/ncb surface folds bc; mod tanning interior cvrs; light to mod ink transfer bc; PQ is a bit nicer than OW, a very pretty and serviceable reader run-filler) $45.00 SOLD

Jumbo-81-fc.jpg

Jumbo-81-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Ok from beauty to the beast!

Amazing Adventures 6 3.5 (Bright with still good gloss; all firmly attached, staples clean; mod to heavy cb spine & edge wear, mainly book length reader's crses along spine fc; mod to heavy cb spine stress; the other major defect is a faint partial cb sub-crse fc that leaves corresponding ncb folds interior pgs, but fainter as you go; multiple cb crnr crses, esp br crnr fc; mod tanning interior cvrs; mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is OW-W) $65.00 SOLD

AA-6-fc.jpg

AA-6-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

UFO Flying Saucers 9 4.5 (Bright & glossy; all firmly attached, staples clean; major defect is water stains btm edge & btm left edge bc, one does not impact interior pages but the other does the last few; otherwise conventional cb wear; light to mod cb spine stress; large & sm cb crses br crnr fc; cb crses top edge fc; cb thumb crse top edge bc; light to mod ink transfer bc; PQ is OW and) Claimed

UFO-9-fc.jpg

UFO-9-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Thread Recap

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, I will soft close this thread and start invoicing Monday morning. In the meantime lots of nice books still available, and I'm always happy to consider PM offers. Many thanks to everyone for having a look and my especial gratitude to everyone who made purchases :smile:

PAGE 1

Girls' Love Stories 30 2.0 $10.00 SOLD

Girls' Love Stories 67 4.0 $20.00 SOLD

Girls' Romances 9 4.0 $35.00 SOLD

Girls' Romances 45 4.0 $20.00  SOLD

Girls' Romances 58 2.5 $10.00 SOLD

Girls' Romances 85 3.5  $10.00 SOLD

PAGE 2  

Young Romance 195 5.0 $8.00 SOLD

PAGE 3

Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos 8 5.0 $45.00

Marvel Feature 3 7.0 $15.00