• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

last call for CEREBUS #1-19 high grade, all 1st printings

41 posts in this topic

I posted because although very hard to find books. i dont believe the #1 is VF

I see it as a Fine maybe Fine +

Two corners (bottom right and top left) and 12 color breaks on spine is not a VF book in my opinion. HOWEVER, opinions will always vary.

I tend to agree...I'd call that a 6.5-7.0. I can't see a 7.5 with that spine wear.

Still a book I'd pay pretty well for...

Two corners (bottom right and top left) and 12 color breaks on spine is not a VF book in my opinion. HOWEVER, opinions will always vary.

I tend to agree...I'd call that a 6.5-7.0. I can't see a 7.5 with that spine wear.

just not well enough . . . poke2.gif

We haven't seen your grade on this book. poke2.gif

I took it as the seller was listing them as a lot? If not, a PM will be a'comin'.

We haven't seen your grade on this book. poke2.gif

I took it as the seller was listing them as a lot? If not, a PM will be a'comin'.

It's a modern, so I can't see higher than 7.0 from the scans because of that honkin' spine crease and the wear to the LLSC. But it is hard stock in deep red and jet black, so you have to give some consideration to the fact that just about any defect is going to be magnified. If Shad and Chris say it's a VF- in hand, than more likely than not, it IS a VF- in hand. sumo.gif

I made my offer about six months ago, and Rich just ridiculed me, so . . . confused-smiley-013.gif

Divad, you're just pissed off because I wouldn't sell you the collection for $200 months ago when I first mentioned I was looking to sell.

Pissed? I haven't said anything bad about the book grin.gif You're callin' the wrong guy out . . . poke2.gif

. . . and btw, that wasn't my offer . . .

I have not read any post that said something BAD about the book. Only posts about each persons OPINION on the grade of the book and the fact that the books are hard to find and are nice.

Suddenly the tide shifts in my favor... headbang.gifyay.gif

PEOPLE,

This is the marketplace,not the grading forum.

Since when do we nitpick other peoples books here?

Either you want the books and make an offer,or mind your own business.

This isn't some ebayer trying to run a scam,the books were shown to anyone who was interested at Wizard World.

As the books are being sold as a lot,either make a fair bid,based on what you think the shape of the book dictates,or don't.

I just don't understand this whole thread.

Thanks Shad!

And yes, as mentioned...the books I would really like to sell as a full unit, a set of 1-19.

I've had a few inquires to issue #1, but I really would rather sell them all as a set.

As Crisco and Shad have said...they've seen the books. They're solid copies.

I only wish I could say issues 1-4 were as NM/Mint as the balance of the run, but they still are very, very nice copies.

I still feel that issue #1 is a nice VF.

PEOPLE,

This isn't some ebayer trying to run a scam,the books were shown to anyone who was interested at Wizard World.

As the books are being sold as a lot,either make a fair bid,based on what you think the shape of the book dictates,or don't.

I made an offer through email but you don't think it's fair to get others' opinions on the grade of the book(s)? What if I don't trust my own ability to grade or maybe I simply want a second opinion?

Unfortunately, I was one that offered solely on the #1. sorry.gif

PEOPLE,

okay dad. makepoint.gif

thats a high grade Cerebus #1, guys. For years that was about the best you could find. You never graded Cerebi #1s like other books - - you counted spine cracks and looked for the inevitable color touch!

Most of the copies were delivered to Daves house mangled like that. As a matter of fact, he and Harry got a credit from the printer of 400 free extra copies of #2 as a payback for the lousy job on #1.

Of course, now that Dave has released HIS 10 copies, including 9.4s, Nearly every other copy in circulation has been devalued since we now see that there ARE NM copies available out there. Thanx again, Dave!

PEOPLE,

893applaud-thumb.gif

PEOPLE,

okay dad. makepoint.gif

It's bad form to make negative (or even contradictory) comments about another person's grading or books in the marketplace. That's how deals get ruined....and I should know, it happened to me.