• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what comics have you bought recently?

50 posts in this topic

I keep getting outbid on most of the comics I want, but the ones I've managed to actually win in recent months include

Amazing Adventures (Bronze Age) 5 CGC 9.6

All-Star #58 CGC 9.4

1st Issue Special #8 (1st warlord) CGC 9.4

Legion of Super-Heroes #1 (1984) CGC 9.9

Legion of Super-Heroes #300 CGC 9.8

Monkees #1 CGC 8.5

Monkees 7,8,10,11 all raw and around VF

In the last month put me down for

Amazing Spider-Man #6 CGC 8.5

Amazing Spder-Man #8 CGC 8.5

Tales to Astonish #49 CGC 9.0

The Pittsburgh Comic Con is this weekend so I should have more soon. Hope to see some of you there.

Ericc123

i do not buy as much as i used to but i have bought lately amazing spiderman# 170 cgc9.8 #209 cgc 9.8, #242cgc9.8 #246cgc 9.8,#263cgc 9.8 #276 cgc 9.8,#289cgc 9.8,#355cgc9.8,356cgc 9.8 just hoping one day i can get200-441 all 9.8s but its going to take a while crazy.gif

To add to an earlier post I made, I received four CGC'd "Curator" copies of Daredevil books today.

Boy was I dissappointed. shocked.gif

I now have got a taste of poor CGC grading. I wonder if they have the same mentality as PCE ("well its a pedigree so it has to be NM"). I acutally stopped collecting for several years because every time I purchased White Mountain or Circle 8 books in supposed "NM" they were in fact, most times VF or worse.

At least the rest of the books I have received the past month have been nice. In some cases I felt they were undergraded (but of course they weren't from a pedigree collection). wink.gif

Oh well! frown.gif

There's a chance they do that with pedigrees. I am up to 10 copies from the Western PA collection, some of the books I don't agree with but the books are so clean and gorgeous I don't really mind that much.

Brian

I acutally stopped collecting for several years because every time I purchased White Mountain or Circle 8 books in supposed "NM" they were in fact, most times VF or worse.

An interesting point. Especially now with the advent of CGC and true HG books coming into the marketplace in larger quantities. Pedigree collections have definately lost their appeal. They no longer represent the best available copies. In fact, they often don't even come close, and collectors are starting to realise this.

An interesting point. Especially now with the advent of CGC and true HG books coming into the marketplace in larger quantities. Pedigree collections have definately lost their appeal. They no longer represent the best available copies. In fact, they often don't even come close, and collectors are starting to realise this.
Even though I wholeheartedly agree...I'm still overwhelmed by how stunning the books are in the Edgar Church collection. I'm also overwhelmed with the grades given to the Curators, although I'd sure like to SEE a few of those books.

I now have got a taste of poor CGC grading. I wonder if they have the same mentality as PCE ("well its a pedigree so it has to be NM"). I acutally stopped collecting for several years because every time I purchased White Mountain or Circle 8 books in supposed "NM" they were in fact, most times VF or worse.

Hey, here's a novel idea for all you pedigree haters ... wink.gif

Why not bust those books out of their confining two layers of semi-opaque plastic and actually handle them? Maybe then you'll truly appreciate the cover gloss, the white pages, the bouncy texture, and, above all else, the smell of these wonderous marvels!

(Unless you're dealing with Bethlehems. Blech.)

cool.gif

Al