• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Summer Edition (#7) Round 2 Results
2 2

13 posts in this topic

On 7/30/2023 at 7:40 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

Same for me. 8 in both rounds and hopelessly stuck in the middle. 

If I'm honest, I never really expect to win, while I do I hope I do BETTER at the least.

It's just nice to know, especially if you're not out buying raws yourself all the time, just to keep sharp. Study to show yourself approved, then be worthy of your hire.

Lol it's like an exam test every three to four months, iron sharpens iron and all the good stuff!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just a quick thank you to @zzutak for providing the breakdown and even including the three different averages (and an explanation as to what each average represents).  As a "numbers guy", I really appreciate his taking the time to do this.  :golfclap:

One addtional stat (if I may).

After round 1

Average Score: 7.39 (mean)

Standard Deviation: 3.06

After round 2

Total Average Score: 16.82 (mean)

Standard Deviation: 5.79

On 7/30/2023 at 8:01 PM, zzutak said:
Rank Score Contestant
1 4 batcollector
2-tie 7 CJ Design
2-tie 7 Point Five

@batcollector Aaron!  (worship)  (worship)  (worship)

Thanks, Jay!  I think the pressure is going to get to me on the “back nine” and will probably have an epic collapse!

On 7/30/2023 at 8:57 PM, batcollector said:

Thanks, Jay!  I think the pressure is going to get to me on the “back nine” and will probably have an epic collapse!

that's my motto...hope for the worse...get the worse...or something like that...

On 7/30/2023 at 7:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm tied for 11th place or something lol

I think that is a 1st, but just glad that 8 and 8 is consistent for me, which I think is the usual midpack. :)

I actually moved up in the standings after (in my opinion) totally fouling up the last round. I hope my reaction to that, gut feeling grades for round 3, don't prove to have been a bad idea.