• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE OFFICIAL WESTERN GENRE THREAD - where it is okay to corral and chat gunslingers & whiskey in dirty glasses
2 2

36 posts in this topic

On 7/31/2023 at 1:49 PM, CAHokie said:

But….but… westerns are outdated and have no cultural relevance!!  :ohnoez:

I enjoyed 1883 but it was sad and ruined Yellowstone for me. How can I care about the whiny modern clan when their ancestors were so strong, smart, and brave?

1923 characters are far from whiney.

About time :foryou:

Anyone who says the Western is dead, doesn't watch many movies or miniseries. A person won't expand their horizons watching "Game of Thrones" for the 65th time. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1883 :cloud9:

On 8/12/2023 at 5:19 AM, jimjum12 said:

About time :foryou:

Anyone who says the Western is dead, doesn't watch many movies or miniseries. A person won't expand their horizons watching "Game of Thrones" for the 65th time. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1883 :cloud9:

Let's not forget many of the gun slinging, untamed planets, rugged hero, etc we see in Scifi are directly derived from Westerns.  In many ways, modern Scifi is just a western with a new skin.

On 8/12/2023 at 8:35 AM, drotto said:

Let's not forget many of the gun slinging, untamed planets, rugged hero, etc we see in Scifi are directly derived from Westerns.  In many ways, modern Scifi is just a western with a new skin.

"Cowboys versus Aliens" :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus):cloud9: