• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic shop date stamp on page destroys value?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2023 at 12:47 PM, shadroch said:

It wouldn't bother me, but I can see some picky collectors might be turned off by it.  Those aren't high-value books so I don't think it should affect the books price.

I cannot imagine it being on every issue but he thinks that is the case

I mean for every single issue and annuals from the time frame and being VF/NM and NM, I think the $500 he is asking is real fair for 260 issues

On 8/1/2023 at 10:19 AM, MutantMike said:
On 8/1/2023 at 9:47 AM, shadroch said:

It wouldn't bother me, but I can see some picky collectors might be turned off by it.  Those aren't high-value books so I don't think it should affect the books price.

I cannot imagine it being on every issue but he thinks that is the case

I mean for every single issue and annuals from the time frame and being VF/NM and NM, I think the $500 he is asking is real fair for 260 issues

For the person buying all 260 issues, I don't think it would negatively impact the value.  For the person buying any individual issue, assuming it was priced fairly otherwise for the grade, I don't think it would affect the value.

On 8/1/2023 at 1:29 PM, shadroch said:

Are they bagged and boarded?  As a dealer, $500 is way more than I pay for them.  As a collector, I'd be trying to get them for around $350, but it's not a bad price if you want that run. 

No bags and board, but I have about 800 new ones

Yeah would like to get them less but he is pretty stingy and says at a couple bucks an issue it is great for me