• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The return of MrBedrock's really weird shiznit...
6 6

150 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2023 at 7:10 PM, C. Spaulding said:

10+ years on the boards and my shiznit alert finally went off and my phone wasn’t on me (shrug)

Well, here’s at least a shiznit :bump:

More goodies tomorrow.

On 8/3/2023 at 6:26 PM, gunsmokin said:

The first 100+ mph pitcher

Really? I always thought it was Ryan as far as officially clocked. People think Walter Johnson and Bob Feller did it too way back when. J.R was fun to watch though. Sad how his career ended like it did. Let's mosey on over to the baseball section and discuss this.

Edited by Professor K

On 8/3/2023 at 4:26 PM, MrBedrock said:

Chicago sounds awesome!

Chicago is wonderful, if you can avoid the SA&NF (swamp arse & nut fog) period, and the FYAO (freeze your arse off) period…..unfortunately that’s exactly 9 days in early October.  I did a 20 year stretch in the midwest before I escaped!

Edited by Blackmask

On 8/3/2023 at 9:57 PM, Professor K said:

Really? I always thought it was Ryan as far as officially clocked. People think Walter Johnson and Bob Feller did it too way back when. J.R was fun to watch though. Sad how his career ended like it did. Let's mosey on over to the baseball section and discuss this.

I’ve never actually been to the baseball section. I’ve heard it’s quite nice!

On 8/3/2023 at 7:57 PM, Professor K said:

Pretty sure Robert Beerbohm was the first to throw a pitch over 100 right after he created the sport we call baseball today….:whistle:

On 8/3/2023 at 8:52 PM, gunsmokin said:

I’ve never actually been to the baseball section. I’ve heard it’s quite nice!

I wouldn’t venture over there without one of these…

IMG_8763.gif.6515d6477a66b8b22e9d2ca2b04fcdad.gif

On 8/3/2023 at 9:57 PM, Professor K said:

Let's mosey on over to the baseball section and discuss this.

Why? I like discussing baseball in my thread.

On 8/3/2023 at 10:57 PM, Professor K said:

This. Reading that made me double-check, as I have not followed pro sports in a while. My search also turned up several ex-players referring to some guy named Steve Dalkowski, who they all say threw harder than Ryan. I don’t recall ever hearing of the guy before; maybe it’s the players’ answer to Van Lingle Mungo and Sid Finch???

Oh yeah - Bedrock, you are certainly nitting the schiz as promised :cloud9:. Will there be oddball golden age in this menagerie too?

On 8/4/2023 at 4:57 AM, Readcomix said:

Oh yeah - Bedrock, you are certainly nitting the schiz as promised :cloud9:. Will there be oddball golden age in this menagerie too?

Thanks. There will definitely be some old shiznit coming up.

On 8/4/2023 at 6:11 AM, JollyComics said:

@MrBedrock

i almost forgot Kerry Wood’s debut with 20 strikeouts against Houston Astros.

That was tough to watch. Wood was amazing. A shame that his career didn't continue along that trajectory.

Let's start today off right ... with Comics For Men!

1993 Japanese Manga "Comics For Men" - very fine + - $15 shipped

Almost 300 pages of comics for men. Manly stories for manly readers. There is even a small amount of female nudity, so only men or women who like men's stories and are over 18 years of age are eligible to purchase.

shiznit43.jpg

shiznit41.jpg

shiznit42.jpg