• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Regrade w/ pressing for higher grade
3 3

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I sent my raw copy of Ultimate Fallout #4 variant cover for grading. without pressing.

It appeared in pristine condition before grading, but came back as 9.6

I just wonder if I pressed it if it might have pushed it to a 9.8

Since the .2 bump would mean a very significant price upgrade, I wonder if it would be worth a shot to have it regraded with pressing??

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Edited by Nick20000
add text

On 8/3/2023 at 3:31 PM, Nick20000 said:

Hi, I sent my raw copy of Ultimate Fallout #4 variant cover for grading. without pressing.

It appeared in pristine condition before grading, but came back as 9.6

I just wonder if I pressed it if it might have pushed it to a 9.8

Since the .2 bump would mean a very significant price upgrade, I wonder if it would be worth a shot to have it regraded with pressing??

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Definitely send pics,  I see in above post you have a reply from Joey who is the expert's expert ! So get those pics posted.

There is no blanket answer to this question. It is on a book-by-book basis, as to what makes that book a good pressing candidate or not. It is always best to show a scan or pictures of the book and ask for opinions. Sometimes even what is considered a slam dunk for a press and resubmission fails to achieve the desired result, as grading is subjective.

Edited by joeypost

On 8/3/2023 at 6:25 PM, Lightning55 said:

You have a comic that is potentially worth $1,000 more as a 9.8 than a 9.6, and you skip the $15 press? I don't even know what to say about that. 

Maybe he didnt want wavy pages?

(shrug)

As others have said,  it really depends on the defect. If it's a color breaking spine tick or a blunted corner,  a press won't help. 

A crease or finger print,  it could help. 

You could also get ride of the defect and have it still come back a 9.6.  There are no guarantees 

Someone asked something similiar to me... as someone who presses comics.  the book was a 9.6 and they really wanted a 9.8.  He showed me the book and I told him." That's not a 9.6, that's a gift".  If he re-graded it (with another pressing) it might come back as a 9.6 -- as is, it should have been a 9.2 or 9.4.

Bumping a 9.6 to 9.8 is very, very subjective.