• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers Annual #10 (1st app. of Rogue)
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I'm looking to get this comic pressed then graded, but I wanted to know your opinions on it before I got it pressed. It's in a fairly good condition with flaws on the spine and edges of the book. Let me know what you think the grade would be for something like this! Thanks :) 

IMG_1674-min.png

IMG_1675-min.jpg

Unless the books has some bends that your pic is not showing, I doubt a C&P will help much. Among it's flaws the book has what I would call moderate spine creasing that breaka color and minor foxing (seen best in the Avengers title). A press won't help that.

5.5/6.0

Thanks for posting.

Looks to me like an ink smudge or a stain around the "WIN". That alone would lower it to 5.5/6.0. It's also going to get a green label since these signatures aren't verified. The Green + midgrade number would limit the resale value in all likelihood, even if it is pretty neat. Unless the idea is to just keep the book from being handled, I'd put this in a sleeve for protection. I'd look to get it signed by Golden too. Missing an important contributor to this one.

On 8/8/2023 at 12:42 AM, scburdet said:

Looks to me like an ink smudge or a stain around the "WIN". That alone would lower it to 5.5/6.0. It's also going to get a green label since these signatures aren't verified. The Green + midgrade number would limit the resale value in all likelihood, even if it is pretty neat. Unless the idea is to just keep the book from being handled, I'd put this in a sleeve for protection. I'd look to get it signed by Golden too. Missing an important contributor to this one.

Thanks so much! I will definitely keep it in a more protective sleeve. It actually is signed by Golden, he was the first signature I got. His is right in the middle of the cover. I’m thinking of getting the signatures authenticated. 

On 8/7/2023 at 8:30 PM, grendelbo said:

Unless the books has some bends that your pic is not showing, I doubt a C&P will help much. Among it's flaws the book has what I would call moderate spine creasing that breaka color and minor foxing (seen best in the Avengers title). A press won't help that.

5.5/6.0

Thanks for posting.

Thanks so much!