• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thread Closed -- Thanks to everyone who stopped by!
5 5

55 posts in this topic

One hour left on the Planet #44 before it heads back to the boxes. :baiting:

Adding a book!

Jumbo Comics #114 -- VG/F -- 5.0 -- $100  $90 -- NO LONGER FOR SALE

This one also presents very well, but the technical grade would be held back by a tear at the upper front left corner of the book (which should be visible in the scans), and a weird protruding staple (the only staple in the book) that sticks out of the book slightly (I've provided a picture with my phone of the staple).  My notes show I originally got the book from My Comic Shop a while back graded as a VG/F, and I'd agree with it -- the staple thing is weird (I've never had another book like it).  Still, a really nice looking book.  

Spoiler

003.jpg

Spoiler

004.jpg

Spoiler

20230820_104908.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book no longer for sale

The Planet #44 is off the table.  Surprised it didn't get snagged, but I'm happy to keep it. :foryou:

Here's a 2nd Jumbo to make up for the loss of the Planet!

Jumbo Comics #86 -- F+ -- 6.5 -- $135  $125 -- BOOK NO LONGER FOR SALE

From the front, it presents close to a VF+ or maybe better -- the colors are sharp, and it's structurally pretty sound.  The drawbacks are a 1 1/4 inch tear on the back cover, and there are a few interior pages where the bottom corners have been torn off (small tears that don't affect the story, and it's only one a couple of pages, not the entire book).  The centerfold is also detached.  There's Matt Baker artwork, and it's classic GGA.  I've taken closer pictures with my phone of the tear, the detached centerfold, and the tears inside on the pages, as well as a page in general so you can get an idea.  Again, the book from the outside looks fantastic.  My notes show that I originally bought the book from a boardie here (not sure who) as a F/VF (due to those flaws), but I'd grade it slightly lower as a F+.  Plenty of pictures below showing all of the above.

Spoiler

001.jpg

Spoiler

002.jpg

Spoiler

20230820_104500.jpg

Spoiler

20230820_104437.jpg

Spoiler

20230820_104358.jpg

Spoiler

20230820_104418.jpg

Spoiler

20230820_110355.jpg

Spoiler

20230820_111728.jpg

Spoiler

20230820_111755.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book no longer for sale

On 8/13/2023 at 8:53 PM, Kramerica said:

The Jim Starlin cover on #14 is worth the price of admission alone. So Starlin. Just like Bakshi, Barr and Ploog and Brunner.....so 1970's and so glorious. This is great reading. It's fun, trippy and y'all are fools if you pass it up.

Including you. :insane:

Well, SOMEBODY needs to buy one or both of these really pretty Jumbo's -- or this thread is going to die an unfortunate death. :baiting:

Jumbo Comics #114 -- VG/F -- 5.0 -- REDUCED TO $90

Jumbo Comics #86 -- F+ -- 6.5 -- REDUCED TO $125

TAKE BOTH FOR $200! -- BOOKS NO LONGER FOR SALE

Just for the sake of comparison, MCS has a #114 in G/VG for $125 (theirs, not a consignment) that doesn't look nearly as nice, or to eBay for far worse looking copies for $80 (plus the taxes) or $600 for the graded 5.5 copy that's there.  I normally don't point out these things, but to keep things focused on what I think are good deals on either or both of these beauties, I'll make an exception.

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book no longer for sale

The two Jumbo's come out of the thread at midnight tonight CT, so anyone interested -- now's the time to grab them before they're gone. 

To keep things moving forward, another new book:

Defenders #17 -- 1st appearance of The Wrecking Crew (two page cameo at end) -- NM- -- 9.2 -- $135  $120  $105

Really sharp looking book.  There's a small touch of black marker on the BACK cover near the top that does a tiny bleed through to the last page of the book.  The book structurally is really sharp.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
price change

And just because, one more book that will be priced to move to see who's still paying attention:

Amazing Spider-Man #137 -- VF+ -- 8.5 -- $45  $38

Picked up in the past from MCS as an 8.5, and on this one, I agree.  

017.jpg

147.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
price change

Last price reduction on the Defenders #17 to $105.  Book will be removed from the thread at midnight tonight.

The ASM is staying at that price.  It's a bargain (MCS has a 6.5 raw in their auction at $24 already with 4 days left, as a comparison).  If it doesn't sell by midnight, it's back to the boxes and I may decide to close the thread, since things have gotten slow in here. :tumbleweed: