• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9.6 with a tape pull?
4 4

29 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2023 at 11:02 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

Can you tell for certain that it is a tape pull and not a printing defect? Can you clearly see that there's paper loss? If so, then that is a huge whiff on the part of the CGC graders.

Definitely a paper loss. Seller took the return.

On 8/10/2023 at 8:05 PM, MAR1979 said:

As for the seller, I will be searching eBay to find out who it was to add them to my own private seller avoid at all cost list which given nature of Comics Seller is rather long :(

You want to avoid a seller who, even though they said no returns on slabs, is allowing a return and full refund? 

On 8/11/2023 at 2:31 PM, Transplant said:

You want to avoid a seller who, even though they said no returns on slabs, is allowing a return and full refund? 

He was very quick to respond, and I had a big sigh of relief as I had no idea what he would say. Seller also told me if he resisted, he would disclose the tape pull. Seems like an upfront guy.

On 8/11/2023 at 2:37 PM, Calidream'n said:

He was very quick to respond, and I had a big sigh of relief as I had no idea what he would say. Seller also told me if he resisted, he would disclose the tape pull. Seems like an upfront guy.

ok.

still it is not a 9.6 and even if noting the tape pull in descripion i feel totally wrong to advertise it as 9.6. 

Sad that CGC will not be honorable and  remunerate owner for their error and re-slab correctly for free as a 6.  Just give us your money and shut up applies when no viable competition exists. My guess is if this was a trading card they would own up...

Edited by MAR1979

On 8/11/2023 at 3:58 PM, MAR1979 said:

ok.

still it is not a 9.6 and even if noting the tape pull in descripion i feel totally wrong to advertise it as 9.6. 

Sad that CGC will not be honorable and  remunerate owner for their error and re-slab correctly for free as a 6.  Just give us your money and shut up applies when no viable competition exists. My guess is if this was a trading card they would own up...

CGC Mike did contact me and let me know that the operations manager was aware of the situation and gave me their email. I was told CGC would make it right. Good to know even though I was able to return the book to the seller. 

On 8/11/2023 at 5:00 PM, Calidream'n said:

CGC Mike did contact me and let me know that the operations manager was aware of the situation and gave me their email. I was told CGC would make it right. Good to know even though I was able to return the book to the seller. 

Maybe pass the info to the seller so he can get it corrected...

On 8/11/2023 at 5:00 PM, Calidream'n said:

yw

On 8/11/2023 at 5:03 PM, Lightning55 said:

Once I have my refund I will tell him. Right now all I want is a smooth return then I’ll let him know CGC is aware of this mistake.

• Administrator
On 8/11/2023 at 6:12 PM, Calidream'n said:
On 8/11/2023 at 5:03 PM, Lightning55 said:

Once I have my refund I will tell him. Right now all I want is a smooth return then I’ll let him know CGC is aware of this mistake.

Thanks.  I hope he contacts us.