• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Premium membership $150 credit not applied to recent submission, chose wrong "interest" when signing up?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Appreciate any help in advance.

I spoke to a very helpful customer service rep. who was able to help transfer my credit and help me get a refund. However, I suppose I am not fully understanding what I did incorrectly. My brother is planning on signing up for a membership, too, so I just want to be sure on my end before he does his so we don't make the same mistake.

I signed up for the premium tier membership and submitted a large sports card order at the NSCC. When I noticed the credit wasn't applied to the charges on my credit card statement, I called and was told that when I signed up, I chose the wrong "interest" (I put it in quotes because I think I like pie told me). I was under the assumption that CGC was now a conglomerate that included CSG, so the credit would be applied to any grading submission, regardless of type, since the tier description says "$150 credit with CGC". 

Thank you for your time!

• Administrator

Hello @adamjb4, thank you for contacting us. While CGC Cards has merged both our trading cards and sports card grading companies, they do currently have their own respective software and accounting systems. What this means is that if you choose "trading cards" for your "collectible interest" for example, the credit will be applied to our CGC Cards trading cards accounting system (and visa versa with sports cards). When your brother goes to sign up, just be sure to select the collectible interest that best suits what he plans to send in (if he chooses to sign up at the Premium or Elite membership tiers).

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

On 8/14/2023 at 1:41 PM, adamjb4 said:

Appreciate any help in advance.

I spoke to a very helpful customer service rep. who was able to help transfer my credit and help me get a refund. However, I suppose I am not fully understanding what I did incorrectly. My brother is planning on signing up for a membership, too, so I just want to be sure on my end before he does his so we don't make the same mistake.

I signed up for the premium tier membership and submitted a large sports card order at the NSCC. When I noticed the credit wasn't applied to the charges on my credit card statement, I called and was told that when I signed up, I chose the wrong "interest" (I put it in quotes because I think I like pie told me). I was under the assumption that CGC was now a conglomerate that included CSG, so the credit would be applied to any grading submission, regardless of type, since the tier description says "$150 credit with CGC". 

Thank you for your time!

Ok, thank you Kailee. I did hear it correctly then. I appreciate you confirming that for me!

Additionally, I know I didn't write "I like pie" in the above message. I even hit back on my browser yesterday to see my original text before I clicked submit and I hadn't written that. Kind of strange... lol.

Edited by adamjb4

On 8/15/2023 at 7:11 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Hello @adamjb4, thank you for contacting us. While CGC Cards has merged both our trading cards and sports card grading companies, they do currently have their own respective software and accounting systems. What this means is that if you choose "trading cards" for your "collectible interest" for example, the credit will be applied to our CGC Cards trading cards accounting system (and visa versa with sports cards). When your brother goes to sign up, just be sure to select the collectible interest that best suits what he plans to send in (if he chooses to sign up at the Premium or Elite membership tiers).

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

Hi Kailee,

Would you be able to check on the status of the $150 credit refund? I haven't seen anything on my cc statement yet. No rush. Please find my order # below:

CSG4429070243

I had a similar issue but I had a system error when I signed up for my membership and it went through the second time. I got double charged. I got a CSR to refund one of the charges but now my $150 credit was never applied. I contacted support and never heard back. This was weeks ago now.