• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for art to. uy
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm a fairly long-time collector, new to these forums, I've been recommended by a friend to join. What's the best place for me to find art for sale and also to post the ones I might want to sell?

Best place to (help you) find art for sale: my precious, definitely! https://comicarttracker.com/en :nyah:

One Site to rule them all, One Site to find them,
One Site to bring them all and in the Lightness bind them 

Best place to sell: really depends on what you have to sell (quality and quantity) and what your priority is (price, time, energy...)

Edited by NicoV

On 8/17/2023 at 4:43 AM, elektra said:

Hey guys, I'm a fairly long-time collector, new to these forums, I've been recommended by a friend to join. What's the best place for me to find art for sale and also to post the ones I might want to sell?

I always encourage people to try to sell here first - this place will garner you the least amount of buyer problems. If you have your method of shipping figured out (for shipping artwork safely) and payment methods sorted, it'll be smooth. This is a great community with knowledgeable members - but with particular tastes and buying discipline. You can sell in this part of the forum under Original Comic Art Marketplace

I believe there is a waiting period to sell - I think you have to have a certain amount of posts under your belt? I've been here awhile, so I don't know what the new membership thresholds are to sell books and art.

If you don't get any action here, you can move to ComicArtFans.com and for $75 (I think) you can become a premium member which will allow you to have a For Sale gallery, and your pieces will show up in the For Sale section of the site. I'd try that next.

After that, you have Ebay - which is pretty okay. I've not had bad buying or selling experiences there with my art.

There are other alternatives, but in terms of getting the most eyes on your art with quick payment turnarounds (as opposed to long payout times from auction houses) those are great.

I have never been a fan of Instagram or Facebook selling - but to each their own. If you're familiar with those platforms, you may look into the various groups there that sell. Instagram I think is a bit more difficult, because you're hoping someone finds your art via hashtag. Again, it's how well you know how to use social media platforms.

In my opinion, as long as you pack your art correctly (as in firmly, flat and with little chance of bending) and be forthcoming, descriptive and allow for payments that allow for buyer protection and you should be golden.